Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: "Only Time Will Tell" phrase in the song< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 15 2001, 07:22

the sound clip they used for Only Time Will Tell where the guy keeps saying it over and over again is from one of the first Lost in Space Episodes. I know because I own a lot of them. I was watching it one day and then I heard him say "Only time will tell". I was freakn out, man.

when he says it in the show he says something like: "Will their space ship land safely on this planet?" (or something like that) "Only time will tell."

while he is saying that you hear the ships engine and some howling wind in the background. you can hear all that in the song if you listen closely.

I just thought that was freaky. I'll post the sound up when i have a chance to record it.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Posted: July 15 2001, 17:57

That must have been a strange experience indeed.
I can't hear anything in the background, but maybe I didn't listen closely enough.
Just looking forward to you giving us that sample.
BTW, what is a 'Lost in Space Episode'?
-Carsten-

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Alnilam Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 15 2001, 20:42

"Lost in Space" is an old Sci-Fi show. I never really watch it, but I don't know wether it's good or not. That's interesting, though. TSODE was my first MO album.

--------------
-Alni
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 00:01

hey guys. sorry i got busy and never ever had time to record it. ill do it now and post the link when its uploaded.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 00:08

arg! just my luck i cant find it anywhere....as soon as i find it ill get it up.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 00:54

ok here it is i found it

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/clantuff/history.htm

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 09:24

Another MO mystery solved! Thanks, Inspired!
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2001, 18:42

Thanks for that.

For no apparent reason I always assumed that it was either Ronald Reagan or George (no dub-ya) Bush.

I see (hear, I 'spose) Mike had to use a bit of filtering to get the orchestral noises a bit quieter.
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 08 2001, 21:43

well, if you listen closely all the music dies down so you can barley hear it when he says 'Only Time Will Tell'. so when mike added that to the song all the music playing and everything died whatever was left of the music down to nothing and even the sound of the ship and the wind died down a bit...

anyway....

long live Mike Oldfield

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Feb. 13 2002, 13:09

sorry guys....angelfire canceled my page so this sound isnt up there anymore....ill get it up somewhere else sometime...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 06 2008, 00:10

That's news to me. Cool! I actually only rarely watched "Lost In Space". I recall my sister was a big fan, though. I did enjoy the movie from a few years back, but I understand I'm in the minority.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2008, 02:25

Quote (Sweetpea @ Sep. 06 2008, 00:10)
That's news to me. Cool! I actually only rarely watched "Lost In Space". I recall my sister was a big fan, though. I did enjoy the movie from a few years back, but I understand I'm in the minority.

Count me in SweetP - the movie was kinda fun.

danger trcanberra, danger!!
Profile PM 
11 replies since July 15 2001, 07:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net