Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: online game problems, any hint?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
maria Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 29 2003, 17:53

i had some system problems with my computer and i had to make it repair. afaik they didn’t have to format it but when i took it home i found mvr was uninstalled, so i reinstalled it and from that moment i can’t play online, the program works ok (graphic, sounds...) but i can’t connect my ip with others.
when i reinstalled it i saw something had changed (looking at the updates it has to be for the 1.1f, the one which adds the registration option for aol users) when it asks for the key,  below two possibilities appear:
        aol
        i connect via proxy server
if u click the second, a wide window appears asking for the proxy address and next to this another window with 8080 inside of it.
what i’ve done is first time i didn’t click any of the two options, since i’m not an aol user and i didn’t know my proxy address (could be this the i.p. address?) just entered my key and the registration was successful but i didn’t manage to play online. so i uninstalled it again and reinstalled (updated) and this time i clicked the ’ i connect via proxy’ option and didn’t write any number on the proxy address window. the registration was also successful but i can’t play online yet...
i suppose it must be something related to the registration but i don’t know what
anyone could help please?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
0 replies since Jan. 29 2003, 17:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net