Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: On the Anglo-Welsh border< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 09:01

Well, here I am - at the trig point on Hergest Ridge.  I don't know how Universal reception will be but, appropriately, the Virgin signal is excellent.  It's a curious old day; mist and fog hanging between some hills (Bradnor and the Ridge for example) and not others, and fairly broad sunshine in the gaps between rolling cloud cover.  The views all around are not for miles but it's very attractive and utterly peaceful.  It's just been me, the birds and the assorted equestrian company for the last hour so I'm not inviting anyone else up here to spoil it!  I've yet to descend to the Welsh side and I'll probably do the racecourse on the way back, precipitation permitting.  I feel a couple of raindrops.  I may yet find out how good it is to be on horseback.  Save me, Dobbin!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 12:26

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Nov. 04 2011, 14:01)
The views all around are not for miles but it's very attractive and utterly peaceful.

Welcome to Hergest Ridge. You will never forget it.
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 13:56

Oh - nice one. You've made me want to go there again!

Welcome  :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2011, 14:14

What about the DVD I left on the table at The Beacon?

Did you watch it?

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2011, 10:19

A special mention for the edge of the only ridgey part of the Ridge, looking down over Gladestry. For one thing it's the only place I felt safe sitting down!

Thanks, Airborne & Brad - the undoubted next time may be for a different season of the year.

Yannick - my apologies but it wasn't to be.  I realised what was up by Thursday night when re-reading your experiences. I was in the other area - sleeping in his old bedroom - as Mr Balcombe has a long term guest in the piano room. I meant to ask about borrowing it when I got back for Friday evening, but I fell asleep for a few hours after my bath ( definitely needed! ) and decided it was a bit late to bother people.  With luck there will be another opportunity to ask.  :/

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2011, 11:16

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Nov. 05 2011, 15:19)
I was in the other area - sleeping in his old bedroom - as Mr Balcombe has a long term guest in the piano room.

I'm only just realizing that you've been staying at the Beacon. Lovely. Who is this long term guest in the piano room I'm wondering - another MO fan perhaps. I would want to be in the piano room. <sulks> I better get it booked well in advance!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2011, 18:10

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Nov. 04 2011, 09:01)
Well, here I am - at the trig point on Hergest Ridge.  I don't know how Universal reception will be but, appropriately, the Virgin signal is excellent.  It's a curious old day; mist and fog hanging between some hills (Bradnor and the Ridge for example) and not others, and fairly broad sunshine in the gaps between rolling cloud cover.  The views all around are not for miles but it's very attractive and utterly peaceful.  It's just been me, the birds and the assorted equestrian company for the last hour so I'm not inviting anyone else up here to spoil it!  I've yet to descend to the Welsh side and I'll probably do the racecourse on the way back, precipitation permitting.  I feel a couple of raindrops.  I may yet find out how good it is to be on horseback.  Save me, Dobbin!

welcome, to my back yard... Hergest Ridge is just 30 mins drive North for me and was there a few weeks ago... I live due south by the Black Mountains...

--------------
Composin' until I'm decomposin'

http://soundcloud.com/quietman
www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
6 replies since Nov. 04 2011, 09:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net