Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: On My Heart - March 2008 - Alan Titchmarsh Show< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Skeletor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 12:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLht_3jnvr0
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 14:54

WOW! tears in my eyes! that was performed sooo well, fingers crossed for a concert.

see Mike's as vocal as ever! lol  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 18 2008, 18:57

amazing performance. Her voice is magic :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 08:11

great song, and wonderful publicity for the album. I guess the Titchmarsh show's audience would not be Mike's natural fan base, so exposing him to a lot of new listeners.

Hayley - "It was wonderful for Mike to ask me to sing" = "It was the A&R people who told me I had to" ? LOL

I've always wondered about these types pf performance. How much is playback mimed and how much is live? For example, the backing singers - chosen for their voice or attractiveness? Would the strings be played and a special backing track put together?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 08:25

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 19 2008, 13:11)
I've always wondered about these types pf performance. How much is playback mimed and how much is live? For example, the backing singers - chosen for their voice or attractiveness? Would the strings be played and a special backing track put together?

As has been discussed elsewhere, there is certainly some pre-recorded stuff there such as the brass and percussion heard at the beginning. I reckon the harp is pre-recorded as well, what she looks like she is playing doesn't seem to match cwhat I hear. If I were to guess, everything except Hayley (and possibly Mike) was pre-recorded.

Yep, I imagine the selection of who should appear to be there in the background will be partly based on style!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 10:47

Wonderful!  :D

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 18 2008, 12:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net