Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: On ebay...., This guy's in trouble....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 21 2003, 20:20

Someone is selling (and has sold some already) my Tr3s Lunas II project on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws....5013234

I'm trying to get a hold of him to ask him to stop and if he doesn't listen, DEMAND him.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 21 2003, 20:55

I've already sent him a message.
What's this guy thinking selling an album that's been put up for free download.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 

Posted: April 21 2003, 21:03

Not only has he taken my work (and MO's obviously), but he's taken the 2 mixes Octavio Molano made and put them on as bonus tracks.

BTW, I emailed him too. I told him if he didn't stop selling it I was gonna go to eBay myself and have him stopped.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: April 21 2003, 21:09

As far as I could see he removed your name from the back, so I think it'll be hard to prove that this was your idea.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 21 2003, 21:23

Jeez.. Couldn't you contact the webmaster of Ebay or something???

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 21 2003, 21:50

Let me say first that I'd not recommend that anyone tries this...

Members of another message board I occasionally read found their own way of putting off rogue sellers (in the case in question, fraudsters who had the intention to simply take the money and not hand over any goods)...they all bid on the items until prices rose into millions of dollars (with, of course, no intention of paying...). It was incredibly funny to see (the sight of a mandolin with a pricetag of $33,000,000...), and it did eventually bring the matter to eBay's attention (people had found them rather unwilling to act on simple complaints - I'd imagine similar would be the case here).
Before everyone goes off and tries this, I must warn that eBay were quick to point out that users shouldn't take matters into their own hands - the accounts of several of the bidders were suspended (perhaps curiously, not directly because of their ridiculous bids, but because they'd continued to bid after the seller had asked them to stop), although eBay later responded to their appeal to have their accounts reactivated before the end of the suspension period.
I should add here that I have no first hand experience with eBay's customer services, so all I know about the speed and attitude with which they handle complaints comes via hearsay. I'd just not be surprised if there's no reaction until it's way too late...
Profile PM 
Down Under
Unregistered

Posted: April 22 2003, 01:33

Brandon, I agree with your anger.  You did a wonderful job, and I really appreciate your sharing it with us.  I listen to it with great pleasure.  The seller on eBay either doesn't understand, or he's a rip-off merchant, take your pick.  Any move to have this stopped is justfied.  Good luck.
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: April 22 2003, 04:23

Maybe a little positive note:
If your tres lunas II can be sold as a MO-album, you can see that as a compliment, no? :cool:
Don't want to justify the evil seller's intentions, but as Monty Python says: always look on the bright side of life!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: April 22 2003, 08:05

I wasn't angry because he was using my work, I was angry because he was selling Mike's work. And yes it IS kind of a compliment, Ancient :). Couldn't believe it when I saw there. I was both flattered and annoyed.

Anyways, he contacted me and apologised and took it off and won't sell it again. He said he got it from a guy in Spain and assumed that he made it. I'm glad it didn't get any worse than that. So everything's cool now.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 22 2003, 08:27

Good that things were sorted out sensibly...not as fun as bidding a million dollars on it though ;)
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: April 22 2003, 12:16

what a weird situation. i can't believe someone did that!

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 11:39

Unfortunately it happens more often...

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 15:40

kind a strange thing..in one way, what right do you have for complain because you have ripped the music from mike's game..other way, you do have made that cd..

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 16:13

Either way, the guy shouldn't have been selling it as it's not a legal copy of the music. But like Blue Dolphin hints, this is just the tip of the iceberg (and like I mentioned before, there are illegal activities going on involving thousands of dollars - a few bootleg CDs is fairly small fry in comparison).
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 17:30

true..he has/had no right to sell that

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 

Posted: April 23 2003, 18:04

The only reason I went after him was because he was selling Mike's music illegaly. I don't take any credit for the CD at all besides mixing it together which I don't consider that great. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but it's all cuz of Mike.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: April 23 2003, 22:19

Let's just say you arranged Mike's music into an album that he should have made himself...

--------------
Profile PM 
mikex Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2005, 06:11

I loved Tres Lunas II, thanks Brandon. It seems crazy that this guy would try to sell it.

I do not have the game as I do not have an awful lot of time to play games.

I am however a huge fan of MO and when I heard the TLII stuff such as 'Snow Cavern Flight' I was overjoyed, plus I could get this for free.

It now has become a real fav of mine and I play Brandon's mix all the time.

Many, many thanks again Brandon

MikeX  :)

--------------
Anthropolologee, upstairs and inside a revelation is blinking well baffling!
Profile PM 
17 replies since April 21 2003, 20:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net