Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ommadawn 2003 Excerpt, ...with guitar< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Link Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 21 2003, 05:26

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

This part is really great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is one of my favourite parts from Ommadawn, and it is played with more power... It is like an orgasm for me!!!!! (ok, a small one... :) )

Link

--------------
Now Link has saved the day
Put Ganon in his grave
So now Zelda is free, and now our hero shall be..
Link, I think your name shall go down into history!

System of a Down: Legend of Zelda
Profile PM 
Jani
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 08 2003, 16:12

I have listen all kind off covers and I have to admit, tha t this one is good. really! =)

Cheers.
Crises Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 08 2003, 16:22

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ June 20 2003, 01:56)
Well, I sort of stumbled on it by accident. I was actually trying to get a more 90's+ Oldfield sound but I was hitting dead ends. To test what I had so far, I decided to play along with Ommdawn to see if I could make it sound more modern-like with his newer sound. But I ended up fooling around with it until I got it sounding almost exactly like Ommdawn itself. And quite by accident, too. So I decided to keep it.

Anyway, here are the settings (GT-6). I'm not sure if half of these even contribute to the sound, not to mention that your pedal might not even have some of these I'm listing, but I'll list them anyway. I will only list the effects that are actually on. Whatever I don't list, I'm not using (this is bound to be looong):

Overdrive/Distortion=
Type- OD-1
Drive- 100
Bass- 0
Treble- 0
Level- 55

Reverb=
Type- Hall 1
Rev Time- 3.4s
Pre Delay- 30ms
Low Cut- 165Hz
High Cut- 4.00khz
Density- 10
Effect Level- 54

EQ= (Probably the most important)
Low EQ- -20dB
Lo-Mid f- 100Hz
Lo-Mid Q- 1
Lo-Mid EQ- 0dB
Hi-Mid f- 10.0kHz
Hi-Mid Q- 16
Hi-Mid EQ- 0dB
High EQ- 0dB
Level- +15dB

Sub EQ (FX-2 Bank)= (Second most important)
Low EQ- 0dB
Lo Mid f- 10.0kHz
Lo-Mid Q- 0.5
Lo-Mid EQ- 0dB
Hi-Mid f- 10.0kHz
Hi-Mid Q- 16
Hi-Mid EQ- -20dB
High EQ- -20dB
Level- 0dB

Well that seems to be it. I don't think the sound is THAT perfect yet. There are multiple sounds on Ommadawn he uses and the sound I used for the part I played doesn't sound like the sound he used on that part on the original Ommadawn. So you can fool around with it from there. At least you have somewhere to start from. If you succeed better than I, please let me in! Also if you have any more 'patches', please send them to me as well. I'm struggling with a couple myself.

Too bad your the only person on the board who has a GT-6 ;)

As for the subject matter, i think it's very good...you really got it spot on, very few mistakes if any...

Good work, Brandon :) and remember to lend me your GT-6 sometime ;)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2003, 19:51

Thanks for the words, everybody. It's nice to know that even the stuff I make that I rate somewhere around 1 or 2 on a 1 to 10 scale, everyone still enjoys it. Thanks again!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Crises Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2003, 20:02

Why don't you make a 10/10 version ;)

--------------
- Johnny -
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 09 2003, 20:10

Hmmm..to do that, I'd have to have more up-front music (sorry Booster!;) and a better sounding guitar effect. Maybe more like his 90s guitar. And I'm just too lazy to make all the music for it. I doubt I can pull it off anyway with my low-end MIDI equipment lol. Actually, if I was going to do a 10/10 version, I'd just rather do the whole of Part 1. Maybe if I had a little more help. That is, after I've completed my current project.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Ecco
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 09 2003, 22:19

Really nice guitar work there, Brandon!
The sound is really fine.
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2003, 08:25

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 10 2003, 02:10)
Hmmm..to do that, I'd have to have more up-front music (sorry Booster!;) and a better sounding guitar effect. Maybe more like his 90s guitar. And I'm just too lazy to make all the music for it. I doubt I can pull it off anyway with my low-end MIDI equipment lol. Actually, if I was going to do a 10/10 version, I'd just rather do the whole of Part 1. Maybe if I had a little more help. That is, after I've completed my current project.

Hey!
I said we can do another version...of the whole Pt. 1.
I thought you will tell me when to start to work on it ;)
anyways I can't promise if I will be able to make it more upfront ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 10 2003, 13:30

Hey! I said we can do another version...of the whole Pt. 1. I thought you will tell me when to start to work on it

Yeah, I know. I never really had any drive to start it up, though. Maybe after my current project I'll take it up...maybe. It's deifnitly more intriguing now.

anyways I can't promise if I will be able to make it more upfront

Well see that's what I'm worried about lol. I'd rather not do it if it's not up-front. Maybe can do 2 versions? lol

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2003, 14:20

Ok I will try to make one more upfront version and if you will like it we will have a go together ok? ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
29 replies since June 11 2003, 23:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net