Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: OHR alternate source, this might interest you< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 03 2008, 03:26

I was reading that some folks here were looking for OHR. Well, the mp3's I got were poor, but I was surfing around...This is so cool.....mp3fiesta.com
    You establish a balance with them, the minimum is $19.90. Most downloads for a whole CD are under a dollar and they do have the OHR in two parts. I'm sure it's better quality than what I got off P2P. Since I never had "Heaven's Open", I got it(the whole album) for 66 cents, CD burnable quality. There were many more MO works and stuff from other people I like.
    So, now you've got your OHR. I think I'll refrain from talk of "getting MO stuph free" for a while. I'd like to see him get some money he very much earned. But I don't feel bad. I spent 30 dollars on that UK 1974 HR copy, and it was prob. the 5th copy I bought since I was 13. And I replaced it with a CD years later....oh yeah....spent 30 bucks on a UK import CD of Amarok in 2000. All the other albums, pretty much the going rate at the time of release. So I don't feel bad. Just....those of you who want the original HR, download it now, I think Rapidshare is good for only 90 days. Well, I seem to have all things MO related now, except the forthcoming orchestral album. And I don't think he's done yet, I think there's a HR/Ommadawn style album coming. If I were around 54 and had that kind of career, I'd be planning something massive. Nothing loop-based like "Light+Shade" but really massive and hand-crafted. No "chill out" album but a return-to-my-roots blockbuster to shed tears and shred tympanic membranes.
    Well have tubular fun, I might drop in from time to time. It was so fun(and expensive but worth it!!;) to digitalize that 1974 UK HR album I hunted for years for. There's just one thing I don't get. Mike said he hated saxophones. Said in an interview that saxes sound like farting. "Music From The Balcony" has lots of sax.....hmmmmm
    Have a great 2008,
                             Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
0 replies since Jan. 03 2008, 03:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net