torbenyj Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 26 2003, 13:59

or use clonecd to burn - no problem yet
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 16:53

TB2003 plays fine on a normal cd player here, also in my cd-rom, but like I said with silence of 5 seconds between the tracks. And it didn't work on the playstation 2.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: May 26 2003, 17:01

Thats strange I've got it playing through a Playstation 2 right at this moment.
Profile PM 
YR-TGM
Unregistered

Posted: May 27 2003, 02:58

Ok, here's a primitive solution I think may always work: connect a CD player and the computer with an audio cable, start the CD and use some sound recording program, like Cool Edit, to record it as wav. Then save it as mp3. Of course you might have problems separating the tracks, but it's not necessary to separate them, you'll have 2 clips of 20 minutes. :)
gregrobson Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 07:03

I managed to rip it find with Audiograbber, using an LG drive. :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 27 2003, 12:58

Don't come up with your own solution. If it doesn't play, it's faulty. Send it back.

If the record company can't come up with a CD which plays in all audio-CD compatible devices, they don't deserve the money of the owners of said devices.

I have returned my copy, and would encurage every fan having trouble to do the same.

If you accept this shoddily engineered product, there will be many more where it came from, and you'll soon have to run your own fixes on every album you buy just so that you can do what you bought it for - listen to it.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 27 2003, 14:14

Listening to it for the first time right now. It's good! I like it! It sounds good and I have absolutely nothing against it, even the bass sound isn't as horrible as I expected. It's a bit more TBIIish but not as much as one might have expected. I also like the things he changed. Of course it'll never replace the original but it's a very nice addition to it. OK, I'm not even halfway through yet but I have no worries any more  :p
Don't know about the copy protection, my CD plays fine although my player is old, but of course I agree we shouldn't let them get away with it...
Profile PM 
46 replies since May 23 2003, 07:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net