Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Notify admin option  on forums?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 06:54

Hi,

just noticed an inappropriate posting in "General" about smoking (dated 12 Oct 05). While I am sure Korgscrew will spot it and sort it out, would it be worth having a "notify administrators" button on posts so that board users can pass on any concerns as they arise?

Maybe there already is this option and I haven't spotted it!

Matt

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 07:29

Unfortunately, we can't add facilities like that, or rather, we could, but it would make upgrades a nightmare (the forum software isn't our own, but rather just an off the shelf product). In some cases it's possible to have something that sort of bolts on the side rather than being a direct modification, but in this case, I don't think a solution of that kind would be possible (a possibility would be, for example, a kind of search engine that would let you look for posts and then send an admin some kind of notification based on the search results, but that would be incredibly clumsy, and a huge amount of work).

We'll have a look at everything and see what can be done, really. There are various features it would be good to have here, and it may be time to look at how best to go about getting them.

The best thing to do at the moment is just to PM one (or all) of us with a link to the offending topic.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 26 2005, 11:45

Quote (Matt @ Oct. 12 2005, 11:54)
"notify administrators" button on posts so that board users can pass on any concerns as they arise?

You mean to say, 'The Bell(end) has posted' alert  ;)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
2 replies since Oct. 12 2005, 06:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net