Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Non-Robust Vocals, But Effective< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 10 2021, 22:21

Compared with the superb vocals in "Heaven's Open", those in Crises sound diffident. Some might attribute this to lack of experience, but I think the non-robust quality actually suits the subject matter of the song. The singer is expressing a threatened point of view - "I need you on my side 'cos there's a "cry - seize!", and so non-confident vocals are appropriate.
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: May 11 2021, 15:27

Agree, totally.
That he himself sings it, makes it more personal.
Also the way he sings it is cool, because he just belts it out, without worrying too much about technique or something.
I really like Barry Palmers vocals, but it wouldn't have suited something like Crises.

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 14 2021, 11:39

because he just belts it out

ever notice that some of those belts sound desperate?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 03:21

Yes, desperate to leave Virgin Records ;)
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 14:39

yes, exactly. i have to say i just love amarok because it sounds like MO's giving a gigantic finger to branson who, after all, was not a friend but a capitalist of the unpleasant sort - grub grub grub for more profits and never mind if your "workhorse" needs attention, a break, gentle handling etc.
and, equally typically, among the first to put out the hand for government help - to the tune of £500,000,000.00. oh plase bojo, take my island as collateral weep weep. was he surprised that there was little sympathy? branson plea
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 19:51

I remember going through Amarok with someone on this forum and we couldn't find any message to Richard Branson. If it really exists someone should post a recording of it and say exactly where it is on the record
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 16 2021, 00:17

nightspore i don't know whether there is an actual message, but it seems like a nightmare for someone who intended to chop the next record into playable songs. so - in your face rb!
Profile PM 
6 replies since May 10 2021, 22:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net