Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No need of new music, Mike has done it all< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
theweightless Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 2023, 17:39

I have listened mike's music only 25 years, but i think it's all there.. rock, acoustic,pop,dynamic, soft, emotional, electronic, folk,you name it,(i don't know music styles),  all i need or wish is there.

I know this has been done before, but still, do you really wish more?

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Dec. 02 2023, 04:27

I don't need more music from Mike. I mostly enjoyed the music from his Virgin era, and see no reason an artist should cater to my nostalgia.

I'm a bit sad that he didn't get to complete TB4 though, because I loved the bit he did complete.

But I would really like to see a archive release from the Virgin years. Mike's focus when working on the deluxe re-issues, doesn't seem to have been getting all the unreleased stuff out there (which is natural from an artists point of view). I'm sure there are more unreleased music (Sally, Readdy Mix and probably a lot more). Perhaps this is possible now when Mike has officially retired.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2023, 04:05

I agree, I would have loved him to complete TB 4 But, there must be lots of unreleased music in his vaults, I would like to hear some of the pre Trevor Horn TB 2 for example.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2023, 12:12

Shows just how well informed I am, didn't know he retired. :zzz:

But anyway, I too would like to hear unreleased stuff from him.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Dec. 07 2023, 17:02

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Dec. 04 2023, 04:05)
I agree, I would have loved him to complete TB 4 But, there must be lots of unreleased music in his vaults, I would like to hear some of the pre Trevor Horn TB 2 for example.

I think there might be stuff from 85-86 which is unheard. From a Barry Palmer interview, Mike rehearsed with a band during this period ("Man in the rain" among other songs), which was very "loose" sounding. I would be surprised if he didn't record some songs.
It seems to have been a pattern for him, to praise the loose and organis approach between albums, but returning to click tracks and sequencers for the actual albums.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Dec. 01 2023, 17:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net