Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No more "preview" tracks for me< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 16:48

From the links in this forums, I have heard Angelique, Our Father, and Romance ahead of the official album release.  I'm sure many other forum members have too.

But I'm going to stop holding out for Tears Of An Angel and Closer, along with any other tracks that may surface in the last few days before Light and Shade is released.

The album is barely a week away.  Mike doesn't release albums every few months, more like every couple of years, so I don't want to spoil this album or get tired of it too soon.  I also want to experience the new tracks when I listen to the CD, and not keep saying "oh I downloaded that one" and find myself fast forwarding half of the album.

I also don't want to wonder whether these preview tracks are really by Mike.  People have asked that about "Romance".  I think it probably is by Mike, but only when you get the album will you really know.  But after seeing a member at these forums claim that one of his own tracks was written by Mike, I'm not sure I want to be wondering whether the tracks are genuine or not.

Is anyone else going to wait for the full album instead of frantically downloading everything they can get their hands on, thereby partially negating the need for actually getting the CD?

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2005, 20:37

I've heard Angelique, Our Father, Closer, Tears of an Angel, and Romance. I'm stopping there. That could constitue a whole cd almost on its own (even though those tracks are from the light AND shade cds). I'm saving the rest for when I get it for my birthday on the 4th! :) I'm hopefully going to be getting that Elements DVD, too.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 18 2005, 16:04

I never said that my track was ripped off by Mike.
I will not say anything more about it(good or bad) but I just wanted to point out that making a dance version of Romance Anonimo is something I could do as well and that Mikes version is quite similar to mine.
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 01:23

I think he was talking about that tune that Viper did as a joke to make everyone think it was a track on the new Oldfield album.

PS- I forgot Surfing. I've also heard Surfing.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Lasse Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 07:28

I would have to agree. I've listened to these previews.

Angelique
Our Father
Closer
Tears of an Angel
Romance
Surfing

I have to stop! :D .....one more Surfing, then I'll wait for the CD..! :p
Profile PM 
Andrea Greyskull Offline

Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 10:14

Hi everybody,
I almost listen to all the songs that Lasse has listed...but I have never listened to Surfing. Could any of you send to my email adress this song??? I'd appreciate that!!!
By the way I live in Belgium, and here the album is supposed to be out this friday 23rd of september!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!

Andrea

NB
Hope that someone could help me with such a song!!!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 19 2005, 20:23

I really don't know what I've listened to--just some very small snipets of stuff. I want to wait for the entire work and listen to it as a whole on decent equipment--not on this laptop with it's dreadful speakers. I have no idea when L+S will arrive on my doorstep in Missouri, but I can wait. Patience in life is a good thing and I use opportunities like this to remind myself of that.

Besides....in geologic time, it will be here instantly. Time moves too fast for me as it is, and if waiting for L+S helps to slow the perception of time, cool. :cool:

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 04:53

I always get so excited about a new Mike Oldfield album, to me it's an event, and i don't care if no-one else gets too excited, i know what i like, so that's good enough for me.So, that excitment comes to a peak, when i put the CD in, and crank up the volume, i remember i even took the day off work, so i could get Voyager the day it came out, and listen to it all day.So, after waiting for the album for so long, why ruin it by hearing low/bad quality versions from the net/radio, hear it the way it's meant to be heard.

Inkanta, when you get that CD, make sure you spread the sound of MO around the U.S.A. ;)
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 12:54

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Sep. 20 2005, 03:53)
Inkanta, when you get that CD, make sure you spread the sound of MO around the U.S.A. ;)

Oh....believe me, I will. :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 20 2005, 14:59

Quote (Inkanta @ Sep. 20 2005, 01:23)
I really don't know what I've listened to--just some very small snipets of stuff. I want to wait for the entire work and listen to it as a whole on decent equipment

Patience in life is a good thing and I use opportunities like this to remind myself of that.

Besides....in geologic time, it will be here instantly. Time moves too fast for me as it is, and if waiting for L+S helps to slow the perception of time, cool. :cool:

[QUOTE][QUOTE]

Inkanta, you are a girl after my own heart!! I also am qiute content to wait for this album, albeit with breathless anticipation and optimism!!! I think it's another difference between men and women, this patience thing!

I have a day off work for the sole purpose of collecting and listening to this album. Everything else can wait!! ( do hope my car doesn't break down!!;) It will mean that I can at last begin to concentrate on other things again, as I have been a bit distracted lately. No one understands this feeling. I've got lots going on in my life but it's all a bit irrelevant at the moment! I really am looking forward to Light and Shade more than ever.

I do have to confess that I did download one of the sample tracks early on. It was mainly because I had just learnt how to do it and I wanted to have a go! But I think I listened to it only once because the quality was so awful and then forgot all about it. Today though, at work, listening to my ipod on the shuffle songs mode, I suddenly heard music that was unmistakable Oldfield and yet unfamiliar, it had to be the sample track that I had absentmindedly loaded weeks ago and it was FABULOUS!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
9 replies since Sep. 17 2005, 16:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net