Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No Man's Land Reprise< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 07 2002, 13:41

doesnt anyone else think the end of this song gives a really "to-be-continued" feeling? biggrin makes me want the second album a lot more!!!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 07 2002, 13:46

But then the bonus track of To Be Free comes along and seems to bring things to a close... wink

But yes, I know where you're coming from, it doesn't sound as final as the ending to, say, Amarok where it comes to a huge climax...it just fades off to a gentle end, perhaps to return...
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2002, 14:55

Korgscrew - how did you get to hear it (has it actually been released in the UK?)...and how did you become an administrator??? (congrats by the way!)

Oliver

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 07 2002, 16:02

I ordered it from amazon.de...it arrived on the 5th - a lot quicker than I expected, in fact. I did the same with The Millennium Bell DVD - I think that arrived about a month before Warner got their act together with the UK release.

A downside of doing it is that it messes up sales figures - if everyone in the UK buys from abroad, the record company may assume that Mike's stuff isn't popular in the UK, which will just make the situation worse...I would imagine that the number of buyers doing that is relatively small at the moment, though.

How did I become an administrator? Well, it all started when Olivier was trying to conjure Mike Oldfield out of a hat. He put on his fez, waved his magic wand and...*ping*...just like that...disappointingly, Mike Oldfield failed to materialise (though I think he's in there, just the opening in the hat is too small for him to come out of) but the administrator tag became mysteriously attached to my name...
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: June 07 2002, 16:29

lol...oh well, just another month to wait. i actually bought my Millennium concert video in Austria staying with my brother because I couldn't find it in the UK for the same reason! But you have to get Mike out of the hat, otherwise he won't be able to make any more music!

Oliver, a familiar fez to some...

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Dec. 24 2002, 23:04

Considering Tres Lunas was originally going to be released in May (or March?) sometime, having to wait till christmas to get it was nasty. I really like the reprise, it does bring the album to a nice close, and there is a lot more guitar than some other songs.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 07 2002, 13:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net