Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No guitars,lots of synths......., What will be mike's next step??????< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Mike Chadwick Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 28 2003, 14:29

OLDFIELD IS ONE OF THE GREATEST LIVEING ARTISTS IN THE UNIVERSE
but....

I like 3lunas but i am afraid....mike is using guitar so rarely and he stopped using bass guitar at all

is he becoming JARRE???

we do not need new jarre,we need still oldfield.....

will he forget soon that he plays guitar???????

what do you think????

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 30 2003, 03:00

I don't think so. Probably the music that he wants to do now requires lots of synths, but still the best songs on Tres Lunas a guitar based (Return to the Origin and No Man's Land reprise). The TB2003 guitars sound pretty good too. Have you heard the Berlin 2000 DVD? Based on the TB extract, Moonlight Shadow and Art in Heaven, Mike is still the best guitarist on the planet!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Woman in the rain Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 17:16

I prefer classic songs..
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 04:41

definitely, despite tr3s lunas concept was in some of his previous works such as 'the wind chimes', we can't compare its music with 'amarok' or any other of his earlier works, but i don't agree it hasn't got many guitars... have u tried the game or at least listened to the music which isn't in the music cd? there are also amazing electric guitars there.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
timeslip Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 12:22

Quote (maria @ Sep. 30 2005, 09:41)
definitely, despite tr3s lunas concept was in some of his previous works such as 'the wind chimes', we can't compare its music with 'amarok' or any other of his earlier works, but i don't agree it hasn't got many guitars... have u tried the game or at least listened to the music which isn't in the music cd? there are also amazing electric guitars there.

So what your saying is that the only way to get a `proper` MO sound is to not actually listen to the album but to buy a computer game ?

So by your reasoning hes put the crap on the actual album and kept the good stuff for his `game` (which i thought was awful btw)

But i am gonna download Tr3s Lunas II.......
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 15:58

not really... i just meant the fact that there's music in the game which isn't in the music disc.
i don't agree with your interpretation of what i said. first, "a proper mo sound" for me is 'tubular bells', 'ommadawn' or 'amarok', but also 'tsode' or 'tr3s lunas'. i agree that tr3s lunas is a different kind of project because it's got visuals added, but that doesn't make it "less proper mo", they simply belong to different stages on his career.
imho the music disc is set as a nice introduction of what tr3s lunas really is. a whole made of both, music and visuals. they go together sharing importance, the game isn't a little bonus added. they were born together in a project. mike oldfield spent his time designing the places in the game and composing the music.

if after trying the game and listening to the music u still find u don't like it, it's ok for me. i wouldn't try to convince u, but i would advise anyone to try both and consider both while judging.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since May 28 2003, 14:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net