Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: No creditcard< Next Oldest | Next Newest >

Unregistered

Posted: Sep. 12 2000, 16:04

I know, it does not happen often, but sometimes there are younger fans like me (I am 16 years old) who do not have creditcards!!! What shall I do?

I agree with the others: The Sonic-Reality-project should be available as a CD!

Yours,
Stefan Bürger.
rosko Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 16 2000, 00:11

No offence, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????!!!!!

Ever heard of asking to use someone elses credit card and giving that person the cash for it???!!!!!
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2000, 20:55

What a thing to say!

There is nothing WRONG with not having a credit card, and I agree, it would be much better if Sonic Reality were available on CD-ROM, (PITY IT'S ALL BEYOND MY CONTROL!)

It would have been much more accessible if Mike had made it available on CD-ROM, for BOTH Macs and PCs, for BOTH Wondows and Dos. This is how I would have done it (but again, ITS ALL BEYOND MY CONTROL goddammit!)

Originally posted by rosko:
No offence, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????!!!!!

Ever heard of asking to use someone elses credit card and giving that person the cash for it???!!!!!

Profile PM 
rosko Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2000, 09:21

Both Windows and Dos? A PC which can only run Dos wouldn't be enough to run Sonic VR anyway.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2000, 22:41

Originally posted by rosko:
Both Windows and Dos? A PC which can only run Dos wouldn't be enough to run Sonic VR anyway.

I was not saying that it should be able to be run on PC's only capable of running DOS (DER ROSKO!) but that it would be nice if you had the option of running it using either operating system, thats all.

And wouldn't you at least agree that a CD-ROM is more accessible format and more marketable?

Anyway it doesn't really matter now since it's not going ahead now anyway.

Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2000, 05:00

SR without OS ? or without any OS ?

What about a reduce and hidden OS ? Why not on a CD for Playstation, P2 or Dreamcast ? Those technologies have all we want : good graphics, good sound, and some internet access ! All we need for SR is some modeler to design worlds and Mike !

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2000, 15:52

Speaking of Playstation and PC whatnot, i always thought MO could make some really kick ass music for a video game. Wouldn't that be cool?

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Sep. 21 2000, 03:33

Originally posted by tubularbills:
Speaking of Playstation and PC whatnot, i always thought MO could make some really kick ass music for a video game. Wouldn't that be cool?

Yes, now that would be cool, though I feel he would be better doing RPG game soundtracks rather than platformer or action soundtracks.

There is talk that when "Exorcist: Dominion" is released there will be a video game tie in for playstation based on the movie. Now that would be something Mike could do...

...and whoever said it above is right. It would be better if Mike released sonic reality acrosss a wide range of formats: PCs MACs, Dreamcasts, Playstations...

...but it aint gonna happen. Mikey Boy obviously doesn't read any of these forums, or if he does he doesn't pay one whit of attention to us lowly internet geeks...

...and anyway Sonic Reality still has a lot of potential from the looks of things. It's just Accessibility is the issue heree. And any computer game from Mikey Boy is better than no computer game from Mikey Boy is what i say...

Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 24 2000, 07:15

>And wouldn't you at least agree that a CD-
>ROM is more accessible format and more
>marketable?

Problem is, producing on CD-ROM immediately introduces all sorts of extra expense, and Mike's already invested a large amount of money into this project (remember, it's over five years old - that's a long time to be paying programmers and graphic designers, especially if they're good).

Selling SVR as a download is clearly a means of saving money that would otherwise be spent on production and distribution of CD-ROMs, and fair enough. Mike is quite properly hedging his bets; if SVR flops (and it may do), he won't lose anywhere near as much money this way.
8 replies since Sep. 12 2000, 16:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net