Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: newcomer, ...to the forum... not mike oldfield :)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 29 2011, 06:40

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 29 2011, 05:17)
No Nightspore - don't get your coat.  

<Applause> :) That was good.

Probably never been done before so bold as brass. You could be up for next years Bravery Award.

As we can see, there's no flies on Matt - he's just too quick. ;)

Thanks, Wiga  :)

Yes, Matt is a good sport, and an all-round wonderful human being, who no doubt will be a super-administrator soon.

(Your cue to say "Good point, though slightly grovelling"  :laugh: )
Profile PM 
zilbanne Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2011, 23:54

Hi all! I'm zilbanne. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.  Years ago When I first heard the original Tubular Bells, I was painting a picture and nearly knocked over my paint box in astonishment!

I've been a Mike Oldfield fan since then.    My favorites are The original Tubular Bells, Tubular bells II and Ommadawn.

I love the drama of all the " T Bell" pieces and Ommadawn always seems like a wonderful dream to me.

I play blues harmonica and began harmonica at age five and started learning seriously at about age nine.  So I've been at it a good many years.

Though I do songs by request with my harmonicas, I usually just play emotions with them for myself.

That is part of the reason I relate to Mike Oldfield's music so much, I believe.

Mike Oldfield is an amazing composer as well as a top notch musician.

It's nice to be here with you all!

_ zilbanne
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 02:32

Quote (zilbanne @ Feb. 12 2011, 23:54)
Hi all! I'm zilbanne. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA.  Years ago When I first heard the original Tubular Bells, I was painting a picture and nearly knocked over my paint box in astonishment!

I've been a Mike Oldfield fan since then.    My favorites are The original Tubular Bells, Tubular bells II and Ommadawn.

I love the drama of all the " T Bell" pieces and Ommadawn always seems like a wonderful dream to me.

I play blues harmonica and began harmonica at age five and started learning seriously at about age nine.  So I've been at it a good many years.

Though I do songs by request with my harmonicas, I usually just play emotions with them for myself.

That is part of the reason I relate to Mike Oldfield's music so much, I believe.

Mike Oldfield is an amazing composer as well as a top notch musician.

It's nice to be here with you all!

_ zilbanne

Hoo roo zilbanne. Blues harmonica and a liking for Mike Oldfield's works is a pretty unusual combination, but welcome to our madcap world of music and injokes!
Profile PM 
bob the screamer Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 05:44

Hi Zilbanne, I say welcome as well even though I'm almost as new as you :) I agree blues harmonica/Mike Oldfield is unusual, but why not :)

--------------
New free album out:

http://www.bobthescreamer.com/music/twinety-twine/
Profile PM 
zilbanne Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2011, 16:06

Thanks for the hardy Welcome nightspore and bob the screamer, !!!

There seems to be a great variety of everything at Tubular.net ...it will be fun to explore!

If we listen to Mike Oldfield's many performances/compositions on his wide variety of instruments, we can hear that he is very eclectic in his
approach to music.

It's the emotions of Mike Oldfield's music that grab me and hold me and hold me ....!

Truly when it come to Oldfield music I'm a gusher!

An eclectic approach to music has always been part of my family life.

There are many generations of musicians in my family.

I was brought up on classical music as well as blues, jazz, rock, bluegrass etc...  nobody in my family rejects any style or musical genre out of hand. If we like it, we listen and play too.

I play renaissance style recorders also but I'm best at playing blues harmonica. So that is what comes from me musically most often.

_zilbanne
Profile PM 
24 replies since Jan. 25 2011, 16:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net