Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Newb questions< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
rbuck282 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 10:07

1. Can the game be saved? How?
2. I've read that the game needs to be paid for.....I downloaded it from the official M.O. site, and didn't have to pay. Did I do something wrong or illegal?
3. What are the objectives? Fly around and look at things, or are there other tasks that need to be accomplished?

Oh, and finally:
4. Can the game be saved? How? (After playing for a period of time it's majorly aggravating to basically 'throw it all away'.)

Did I mention saving the game?
:/
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 10:21

Hello rbuck282 - welcome to the games, and to Tubular.net in general.  Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

To answer your questions:

1: No, you cannot save the game.

2: You used to have to pay for Tres Lunas and Maestro but a few months ago they became free to download from www.mikeoldfield.com.   So, you have done nothing illegal.

3: There are two main games to play.  One is to find the gravitars (egg like objects with a face inside) and bring them back to the staircase in the main spaceship.  When you bring them all back successfully you will be transported to the special Maestro World.  The second game is to find and collect all the medals. When you do so, you will be able to access Mike's World.  There are several clues dotted around in the form of books and maps to help you achieve all this.

There are also several sub-games to play within particular worlds: such as flying jets, navigating mazes, releasing acrobats, shooting meteorites, etc.  Sometimes the medal that you are seeking can be found easily, sometimes you have to earn it.

If you play with others on-line then there are other things to do depending on the mood.  For example, hide-and-seek, races and such like.  Sounds fairly childish but surprisingly good fun when you are with others.

4: Oh, and you can't save it!

We are in the process of constructing a Guide to Maestro (in a nearby set of threads) if you feel the urge to cheat, but I would urge you to explore and figure it out for yourself.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 14 2008, 11:02

Well, in a way you can save the game. If you have another program running before you start Maestro, simply press CTRL-ALT-DEL in order to bring forward the other program. You can  do what you have to do, then press CTRL-ALT-DEL to go back to Maestro.
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: May 09 2009, 06:26

Well, in a way you can save the game. If you have another program running before you start Maestro, simply press CTRL-ALT-DEL in order to bring forward the other program. You can  do what you have to do, then press CTRL-ALT-DEL to go back to Maestro.

Actually, it's easier to use ALT TAB.

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 01 2008, 10:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net