Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Year message from Mike Oldfield< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mad cow Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 01 2013, 17:34

Well it's nearly a new year and what an amazing one it was with extreme highs and lows. In answer to Colin Campbell's post "Hey Mike, the world is in chaos at the moment.. Would love you to rise above it all and create an uplifting masterpiece.. Its time to compose a World theme which is going to rock the music world... We need you good friend as the music scene too is on its bum... Let the music play on... " Yes I would love to make that World Theme too but I am only the messenger you see...First of all will be the rock album which is mostly the darker side of being human.....except for the song about " SAILING " haha. After that I will try to make the uplifting masterpiece but I can't promise...will see what the muses give me. Thanks for all you posts ! Love Mike
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 03 2013, 10:28

Wow - nice to hear Mike thinking about an "after that" in relation to the "Rock Album" - (wot no title yet?)

Amarok II - could we dare to dream?

I'm still trying to get my magnum opus out (first feature film) which will celebrate a number of up and coming bands plus a Tin Pan Alley-styled song for which I've written the lyrics.  I'm a little fearful of how it will turn out, especially as it's an ironic duet and my dream singers are Bryan Ferry and Francoise Hardy!

Happy New Year to all you Tublarians!

Gavin.
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 03 2013, 11:50

i like his "after that" that means he will keep working on albums :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since Jan. 01 2013, 17:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net