[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (8) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New Releases, Hergest Ridge & Omadawn< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 14 2009, 05:37

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 14 2009, 04:16)
Last I heard they were now hoping for February for HR and Ommadawn so no Xmas stocking fillers unfortunately......

Where did you hear that from - can you state your source?

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Sep. 18 2009, 08:23

Bugger!Was looking forward to them. :(

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2009, 10:58

Can we trust the recording company to not muck up the reissue of Hergest and Omadawn, even if its not a box set ?
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2009, 11:19

Just checked Amazon and still no info on the rerelease of Hergest Ridge - drats!
Profile PM 
Opus 1 Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2009, 13:15

This seems to be a common occurrence when it comes to Oldfield stuff. Fans get promised something then let down. Music of the Spheres release date - set back a while, then set back again.
Signed Ultimate Ed Tb - Need I say it?
And now there's HR and Ommadawn that were supposed to be released a month ago, and nobody knows a thing about it?

--------------
The mark of a skilled musician is to be able to play one note and mean it, not play zillions of notes and not mean it.

(www.myspace.com/markmonaghan)
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2009, 15:58

I don't understand how this record company fails to capitalize on the Mike Oldfield back catalogue. These albums have hundreds of thousands of fans and a good deal of them are prepared to buy the albums again. All they have to do is invest some time and attention into the project and they can make money from this. What is the problem?

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2009, 19:26

I'm new! only one thing, it seems that it's Mike the problem about the releases. He want's to remix the albums, but for the moment, he is dissapear with his boat and no working on them...
And you have seen the sales of TB2009...TB is the best known album from Mike, and the release it's nos sale very well...so...that's the two problems :(

sorry about my english, I'm spanish and my english is very poor...
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2009, 20:24

I'm sure there are lots of legal issues with releasing MO's back catalog though I agree there are "thousands of fans" willing to spend their money on the rereleases. I honesty can't wait for the rerelease of Hergest Ridge and I don't care what it costs because I know I'll fork out the money regardless.

As far as rereleases go, it seems like most bands are capitalizing on the opportunity. Case in point - I've been a die-hard Tangerine Dream fan since the 70's (with over 300 CDs in my collection) and now they're rereleasing nearly 60 albums in digipacks/slipcases, (which I HATE!;) with added goodies - all that I can't possibly afford!

When does it end? I truly love to support my favorite and cherished artists but like many have commented here, I can only do so much...
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2009, 23:59

Hi all,
It would be nice to see some more of the back catalogue material re-released, missed out on the earlier music. Hope to hear more in future,
Cheers :)
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2009, 03:51

Quote (jjmillenium @ Oct. 19 2009, 19:26)
I'm new! only one thing, it seems that it's Mike the problem about the releases. He want's to remix the albums, but for the moment, he is dissapear with his boat and no working on them...
And you have seen the sales of TB2009...TB is the best known album from Mike, and the release it's nos sale very well...so...that's the two problems :(

sorry about my english, I'm spanish and my english is very poor...

As far as I understand TB 2009 SOLD very well in the UK at Least.. Well that probably helped with the Bonus Collection Disc... Yeah Any Delay is Down to Mike Probably Wrestling with 2 Near perfect Albums and trying to Remix them in a Positive Formatt... Yeah not a job you can just rush through.. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2009, 04:44

To be perfectly honest the proposed september release date was a tad optimistic.Remixing Hergest Ridge would have taken some doing but where to start on Ommadawn.Assuming that the TB remix was done in early 2009 then that would have left him very little time in real terms to get the other two ready.I can't wait but i'd rather it was right than rush released.

--------------
Profile PM 
spark Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2009, 05:07

I agree , I want it now but better to wait for a good job, Im sure Mike wont rush them ,they are his babys and he loves Omadawn.
Profile PM 
jjmillenium Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2009, 13:35

yeah, but he likes more spend his time in the ocean with his boat....and I really sad about the next rereleases, I think it never comes...
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2009, 16:15

Quote (HRFanUSA @ Oct. 19 2009, 20:24)
- I've been a die-hard Tangerine Dream fan since the 70's (with over 300 CDs in my collection) and now they're rereleasing nearly 60 albums in digipacks/slipcases, (which I HATE!;) with added goodies - all that I can't possibly afford!

When does it end? I truly love to support my favorite and cherished artists but like many have commented here, I can only do so much...

Digipacks look so much better than jewel cases. I think it's the best format for LP re-releases because it's easier to emulate a carboard sleeve. The booklet of the jewel case CD always felt more like some kind of weird documentation than an attempt to replicate the original sleeve.

But I'm happy with any TD re-release as long as it's not "Tangentized". I ordered Epsilon in Malaysian Pale a few years ago and I just couldn't belive what I heard.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2009, 12:58

I think that besides being on sea with his boat,he might be struggling with HR remix,since we all know how much he likes this album really... :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2009, 07:55

Thanks Tati for that note of optimism.I'm sure he must have found dealing with HR again tough work.He's said on many occasions that he was running on empty and didn't really want to do this one but so many people (myself included)love this album and i can't wait to see how he sees it 35 years on.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2009, 20:24

HR is one of Mike's classic albums that I've been struggling a lot really to enjoy,maybe this new mix can help me on that.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
spark Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2009, 05:21

Stay with it Tati ,the end of side 1 is one of his best. :)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2009, 08:13

I think the whole of side 1 is a true masterpeice.Side 2 has some great moments but side 1 does it for me (odd cos i usually prefer the second sides).

--------------
Profile PM 
dobyblue Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2009, 16:05

Can anyone with Mike's ear beg him to give us high resolution surround mixes on these and not paltry Dolby Digital 5.1 like the Tubular Bells 2009 release?
Profile PM WEB 
154 replies since Aug. 07 2009, 05:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (8) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net