Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New (older) Member, Should have joined years ago< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 20 2010, 10:47

If I concentrate I could probably find dozens, but one unaswered question here falls within my remit as a Sky fan.  I suspect that Dave_Block has by now located an internet reference or two to the concert at Westminster Abbey but just in case...

http://plum.cream.org/sky already referenced in these forums, is the premier point of call with a page dedicated to the release of the concert on video and laserdisc.  The forum there (not a member yet, sorry) has members who are willing to make a transfer.

We don't want to get started on the quality of my memory; for all that I would say that I am fairly convinced that there was also a Betamax version.  I won a BBC competition in the late eighties and the catalogue of things to choose as prizes may have said that the Sky video was unavailable but I am so sure it had V/B or some equivalent next to it.  On the lack of stereo sound, I don't remember video recorders making a big deal of that until '84 or '85.  As I've never come close to touching a copy of The Essential Mike Oldfield, I can only presume it was at a pinch, so to speak.   I will say that as I clutch my VHS copy of Sky at Westminster Abbey, bought at Oxfam in Rothesay a couple of years back, it weighs a ton!

I ask a question in turn.  My searching has not yet managed to confirm an experience told to me back in 1992.  I had played Tubular Bells II and Amarok over the music system at what was the Butlins camp by Ayr one night and one of my colleagues (who lived in the village I used to as chance coinicidences go) said she remembered goiing to see Sky, on a Scottish date I'd assume, and Mike guested onstage.  It's too long ago for me to recall any more helpful details of the story but if details of your own you have, gratefully accepted!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
40 replies since June 26 2010, 21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net