Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New friends wanted< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 07:05

Hi my name is Tracy and I have been a fan of Mikes since the very beginning in 1973 when I was just 12 years old. I have no contact with fans in Australia and would enjoy correspondence with anyone, English language only please. I would love to hear your story of how you got to know and love Mikes music. Contact me at tubulartracy@hotmail.com or mandt@internode.on.net
Can't wait to hear from you.
Ciao.
Tracy
TubularBelle

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 07:16

Hi tracy

I-m from denmark - and we say thank you for Mary - I think :-)

Torben
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 07:25

Oh yes, isnt she cute, she looks like Victoria Beckham don't you think? I work with two people from Denmark. Van Leeuwen, and Van Damme.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 07:42

they sound dutch
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2004, 08:26

Me Brazilian,female fan!
And I do speak english.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2004, 03:24

Oops Torben, you're right, they are dutch, my mistake, sorry about that.
Hi Tati, Is that you I have installed on messenger now? If it is I look forward to catching up with you and chatting 'live' real soon.
While I'm here I'd like to ask how Mikes music has affected your taste for other music. I was so obsessed with Mike that I didn't listen to anything else practically for 20 years until I joined Dark Star in 1992 and learnt what other Mike Oldfield fans listen to. I missed out on great bands and artists like the Eagles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Jethro Tull etc in the 70's and 80's which I really regret now. I didn't even realise there were other artists out there who mixed genres and experimented with eclectic styles in a similar way that Mike did. I like anything thats different.
Since 1992 I have collected over 400 cds from a huge variety of artists ranging from Gershwin to Tool. Some recent favourites are Moby, the Disocciatives, White Stripes, Cold Play, Powderfinger, Butterfingers, Scissor Sisters, Sia, Frans Ferdinand, Hilltop Hoods, Epicure, etc, very varied. Some old favourites are the Beatles, Peter Gabriel, yes even M.J., Sinead Oconnor, Cat Stevens, and many many more.
What about you?
Tracy.
TubularBelle.

--------------
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2004, 13:48

;) hi
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2004, 14:29

Look's like have good taste chuck.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2004, 14:28

Oops Torben, you're right, they are dutch, my mistake, sorry about that
That's ok - well sorry I don't like her, but i'm not very royal, but perhaps she mite soon be pregnant - ooohhh I hope so an every women in denmark will go mad - hmmmmmmmmmm

Torben
Profile PM 
sister_in_the_dark Offline

Posted: Dec. 28 2004, 16:23

it's FranZ Ferdinand and they're absolutely......cool :)

--------------
...spin the wheel of fortune or learn to navigate...
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2004, 19:45

it's FranZ Ferdinand and they're absolutely......cool

D'oh.. copying Kraftwerks look and some great but been-done-before guitar riffs?

problem with getting old is that "i've heard this before" feeli ng.No doubt as a young musician you will hear things on the radio, your Aunts CD etc and it will sink into your subconcious. And then your peers will also hear stuff but forget where they heard it, only to listen to bands like FF and think it's the bee's knees.

The other problem with getting older is that I can't quote who did it first...alcohol killed the brain cells

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Jameson Kimball Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2004, 23:14

I got into mike oldfield when i heard it on the exorcist movie. then i illegaly downloaded it and listened to it every 86400 seconds. and i have been ever sense.

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/jamesonkimball
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2005, 13:27

Considering the exorcist movie came out in 1974, downloading the track on a 110-baud modem to listen to on your Altair must have taken a couple of weeks!

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
sister_in_the_dark Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2005, 18:13

I don't care....I just love them and I could play their music all the time...maybe because it just fits my style but also because I just liked their music from the first time I heard it.
I'm drunk right now...had too much whiskey....and my ex-boyfriend just asked me to rent a house together with him...wonder how the new boyfriend will like that  :p

--------------
...spin the wheel of fortune or learn to navigate...
Profile PM 
wishingforatorontoconcert Offline

Posted: July 28 2005, 22:31

hi,
Big fan in Toronto Canada, where mike oldfield fans are very rare, not many have heard much more than t bells.

I heard sailors hornpipe in ana arcade on a beach drunk in 1988,  (was that a run-on sentence) and have been hooked
ever since, if ya wanna chat look me up

k
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2005, 00:17

G'day, have sent you a private message, hope to catch up, welcome to the site, I'll hope you'll be very happy here.

Tracy.

P.S.- Please note my new email address - mandt@internode.on.net
or anyone who wants to invite me to join them in MSN messenger so we can chat online, my hotmail address is - tubulartracy@hotmail.com

--------------
Profile PM 
El Bosnia Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2005, 13:25

Hi everyone! I'm from Buenos Aires and I'd like to say that Mike's fans here are not so many but it could be said that we are quite a few. So, K let me say that I understand what you said about fans in Toronto. It's so sad! Mainly because being so little in number there are less possibilities that Mike play live in your country, right?
I wish Mike could visit B.A. some day, specially now when our currency is so good for europeans! ha ha!  :D

Regards to you all!
Bosnia.

--------------
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"
"Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2005, 22:03

G'day from Australia El Bosnia, and welcome to the site. I have a very good friend in Buenos Aires (he tells me he lives 1/4 mile from Maradona) who is a devoted Mike Oldfield fan but he does not visit this site as I met him through Dark Star, so if you would like to make contact with he or I send me a pm with your email address and I will add you to our MSN messenger so we can chat online, Cheers.

Tracy.

PS- Go to 'Miscellaneous' in the 'Gallery' and post a photo of yourself in 'Members Photographs'. This is a new thread and it takes a while for posts to appear as they have to be cleared by the moderators first. You will see me there and hopefully others very soon. Bye.

--------------
Profile PM 
far above the clouds Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 10:51

Hi Tracy! Joe here from the states! Not many of us Oldfield fans here! I am 33yrs young and still yet to meet another fan face-to-face here!  :/  Oh well, got the forum and nice folks like yourself! :D  :D  All cheered up now! If anybody wants to say hi you'll find me here-
man_in_the_rain72@yahoo.com
Cheers!

--------------
Tell me how does it feel......when your heart grows cold.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2005, 19:35

Yes it seems that Aussie and American fans are equally deprived of face to face contact with other fans AND of seeing Mike in concert. He came to Adelaide in 1982 but I was completely unaware of it at the time due to lack of advertising, I still kick myself. He was also here in 92 promoting TBII but didn't perform except for brief moments on chat shows.

I had to advertise locally to meet "MO fans for music discussion and appreciation" and I met about a dozen wonderful people with plans to meet once a month on a rotating basis in peoples house (or in my home if they were happy to travel) but the enthusiasm to do the groundwork was left entirely to me and I feed off others and could not keep my own enthusiasm up when I felt I had to keep theirs up too if that makes sense so it was short lived. It has given me an appreciation for the work that people like the moderators of this site do and I am working on turning over a new leaf and being more supportive of them. (Am very ashamed of myself for recent comments in another thread regarding the Dark Star magazine). It's a thankless job.

Will be in touch, keep the US MO spirit up!

Tracy.

--------------
Profile PM 
22 replies since Dec. 10 2004, 07:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net