Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New DVD, Ommadawn 5.1< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Punkadiddle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 09:36

Does anybody have information about Mike's new DVD with the TB Demos and the new Ommadawn 5.1 mix included.  I know its gonna be around eary 2004 and there is a game but i need more information.  I'm so excited about it. :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 14:50

There are three things here - the first is the Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-A, which (hopefully) will include the original Tubular Bells demos. That's due for release in October this year.

Another is the 'game', The Tube World, a new instalment of Music VR based on music from Tubular Bells 2003. That should be out before the end of the year, according to Mike.

Then there's the Ommadawn 5.1 mix, which may be another DVD-A or may be an SACD (likely if it's released by Virgin). Work hasn't begun on that yet, so information isn't really available. The plan is for a 5.1 channel remix of the original Ommadawn sound recording (well, ok, technically it's the second recording as the first one ended up shedding oxide and being consigned to the bin, the album which we all know being the second version Mike made...but I digress) - no re-recording here. Being mixed with digital rather than the original analogue technology gives it the potential to sound quite different. We'll see what happens.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Sep. 09 2003, 09:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net