Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New album 'Escape'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
sikejsudjek Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 12 2014, 05:56

Hi all, have been an infrequent poster on these forums for a few years and during that time I've been working on an instrumental album. I'm a professional guitarist, mostly teaching but with some UK festival experience. I wrote this album during a pretty crap time for me when my wife was ill with cancer and I was made redundant along with all other music teachers in Gloucestershire.

I've put up a website with a sound mix of some of the main themes and got as far as getting a digital distribution deal. I have no clue how to market anything so any suggestions or ideas anyone has or comments on the music would be really, really useful :-)

The music is a mixture of instrumental styles influenced by Mike Oldfield, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd. Its a concept album with the music describing the change from a stressful work environment, to home to holiday. I wrote all the music and played and recorded all the tracks and instruments (except for the last track which has some friends playing flute and drums).

Hope you like it and any feedback is much appreciated !

Best wishes
Andy

Wesbite and sound files are on the website here

Escape album website
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2014, 06:49

Here are a couple more sound files

https://soundcloud.com/andyman-7/by-sea-part-4-land-ahoy

https://soundcloud.com/andyman-7/by-sea-part-3-alderney-shore
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2015, 19:41

Just uploaded a video for one of the acoustic tracks with some stock video footage of time lapses.

Just is by Andyman on youtube
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Oct. 24 2015, 14:48

Just playing along with a backing track for one of the tracks on my album. That's about as fast as my fingers go on guitar ! I played the other parts including acoustic guitar, mandolin, bass, drums and keyboards.
Playing along with one of the tracks 'Rush'

Kind of inspired a bit by Amarok.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Dec. 12 2014, 05:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net