Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 'Network connection failed! Please try again later.'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
toMtOm Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 24 2002, 11:23

Hi,
I have a serious problem. Downloaded the demo (12MB), and installed. Downloaded the full game (50MB), installed. Used my credit card, and get the number (16 digits). After restarting filled the box with the number, and happened NOTHING!
Well, I cheat. A dialog box appeared and told me, that 'Network connection failed! Please try again later.' It is true, that I am connecting to the net via LAN and sitting behind a firewall (as I am working in a government office ), but nobody told me, that with these parameters the MusocVR not works!
TomTom
A very sad Hungarian Oldfieldian...

PS: I have just consulted with Vicenç Garcia Tomàs. He has the same problem, but he uses not LAN but ADSL...

COULD SOMEBODY HELP US ???
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 24 2002, 14:16

I don't know if this might help:

"IMPORTANT: you must have tested MusicVR free demo on your machine before you purchase the full version."
from http://www.mikeodlfield.org

Maybe the demo installs something needed by the full version??
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 24 2002, 14:48

does this mean all ppl who have a constant connection (cable, adsl, lan, etc) wont be able to play MVR? cuz ive heard from a few ppl now who have the same problem and they have adsl/lan/whatever.....

ppl who have dial up connections dont seem to have any problem...so far

i hope thats not the case....its bad enuff u have to be online all the time to play it

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Jerome C Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 18:02

Hi,

A. you need the Internet connection for the registration :

1 - you buy online
2 - it gives you the code (online + mail)
3 - then you launch the game for the first time
4 - it asks you to type in the code
5 - you must be connected at that time : I have a software personal firewall (Norton), and it asked me to authorise MusicVR - at that precise moment - to access Internet, so I guess you might have problems (big ?)behind a corporate / university firewall ?
6 - if the code is ok, you go into the game, it only does this authorisation step once
7 - then you play offline, ha-ha-happy

B. I understood you can play online, see the others avatars, etc. Not tried yet.

So for the registration / authorisation stuff, it's true they doesn't say anything regarding firewall concerns, and I'm positive the demo doesn't do anything similar, so you should complain hard !!

Good luck !
Jerome

--------------
Jerome C
(long time out of here, but always having MO in mind somewhere)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 25 2002, 04:05

I do have cable and it works fine with me,
maybe it could something have to do with your firewall ?
Tried yet ?
greetings
Tonny B.
MichielC Offline

Posted: May 25 2002, 08:31

Installing error can occur while downloading
did not end correctly and will be corrupt. Check if the entire file is downloaded. The setup_exe should be exactly 59.674.624 bytes when stored on disk.

Michiel C
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: May 25 2002, 10:29

I've just downloaded the full version of MusicVR, installed it, but cannot make the link to buy it. None of the hyperlink buttons work on any of the pages regardless of whether I'm already connected to the web.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but to no avail. I've reinstalled the old demo (why does this disappear?) and the hyperlinks don't work there either.

Presumably there is something simple that I need to set, but what? (Hyperlinks in Word/Excel etc. work fine.)

Any help would be welcome.

confused

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
Jeff Offline

Posted: May 25 2002, 16:46

I Had a major problemdown loading took two days. The down loads were ok but would start up and crash as soon as main program entered.
Evetually fond that although I had a Tnt graphic cards found version not latest probably not OpenGl equivelent reload latest grapics driver from the grapgics web site
and hay presto now works!
only cost me two days spare time and a dent on my car (must concrentrate when I'm driving)
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 29 2002, 04:29

I'm having the same problem using a dial up connection. Is there any official contact to alert the sellers of this.
8 replies since May 24 2002, 11:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net