Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Network connection failed!, Registration not possible< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
jgutierrez Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 09 2002, 14:50

I puchased for a registration code. Now I'm trying the online registration, but it is not possible, every time I get an error message: "Network connection failed! Try again later".

I have done it several times in different days, without succes ¿Can anybody help?
Profile PM 
Kris
Unregistered

Posted: July 10 2002, 08:44

I have the same problem and no one has been able to help.  It seems that if you have a personal firewall you may be able to get around it, but in the case of a network firewall like I have, there is no solution.  I have tried everything.  

What really should happen is that the Music VR team should put up a normal web-site that performs the registation directly.  It shouldn't be that hard, after all, they are the ones who caused this problem.  They should be fixing it.  But I've lost faith a long time ago.
Jose
Unregistered

Posted: July 10 2002, 10:55

Quote (Guest @ July 10 2002, 08:44)
I have the same problem and no one has been able to help.  It seems that if you have a personal firewall you may be able to get around it, but in the case of a network firewall like I have, there is no solution.  I have tried everything.  

What really should happen is that the Music VR team should put up a normal web-site that performs the registation directly.  It shouldn't be that hard, after all, they are the ones who caused this problem.  They should be fixing it.  But I've lost faith a long time ago.

Yes they have the worst customer service I have ever seen. (Well, really they don't have any customer suport service at all!;)
fungus
Unregistered

Posted: July 17 2002, 04:24

Have you tried applying the "update" from the web site? It worked for me....

http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/index.html

(or click the link on the "video setup" page)..
jgutierrez Offline

Posted: July 17 2002, 07:29

Quote (Guest @ July 17 2002, 04:24)
Have you tried applying the "update" from the web site? It worked for me....

http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/index.html

(or click the link on the "video setup" page)..

Yes it worked. Thank you very much. I have been playing and I think that it is an excelent work.
Profile PM 
Paul S Offline

Posted: July 19 2002, 06:53

I just updated from the website, and now my registered copy is no longer registered! Yes i do have a firewall, but it didn't cause any problems when i 1st installed the game.
So i'm now left with  messages that tell me the network connection failed and a game thats no longer playable  :(

Paul
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since July 09 2002, 14:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net