Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Need to cover both sides of the coin., English words you do not like...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ratty Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2008, 19:22

political correctness!!
Human rights!!

My partners Brother in law was the policeman who got shot on boxing day in Leeds 3 years ago. His killer appealled to the court of human rights. Last week he got his sentance overturned from life to 30 years.

Yep, i hate those words.

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 00:39

tubularnet.com

Re: Spinster/ urban cougar, we are also lusty, sexy, blonde, well endowed, free as a bird and more likely to roar like a tiger or Clyde the lion than purr like a pussycat

From Deb ( never politically correct in polite company ) downunder. Go on guys have a chucklejavascript:emoticon(':O';)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 04:48

There ya go!!!!

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 17:57

I have to agree with you Ratty on Political Correctness, I think PC has gone much too far, such as my niece was taught to sing  "Baa Baa Woolly Sheep"  ( or maybe it was dark sheep)  It seems as if whatever you say someone somewhere will be offended by it, even if no offence was intended.    
Here's my politally incorrect nursery ryhme

Ten stoned hippies sitting on a wall, Ten stoned hippies sitting on a wall
And if one stoned hippy should accidentlly fall, there'd be nine stoned hippies sitting on a wall.

Carry on 'til you get no stoned hippies sitting on the wall   :cool: .

That's a bit unPC as it assumes all hippies are stoned  :O .

As for human rights I agree with you Ratty no one should be killed/shot whilst trying to do their job, and the scumbag who shot and killed the policeman should NOT be entitled to any human rights, reduction in his sentence.
I must admit I've lost alot of respect for the police, they tried to say my now ex husband stole money from his neighbours purse, which was an impossibility for a severely disabled wheelchair user.  
I just finished an evening shift when I worked at the old folks home, and was lying in at 7.30am , when I had a knock on my door , (I was expecting a delivery) , but there were about 4 or 5 officers with a warrant for the arrest of the previous tenant, and I hated the was it was implied I was his girlfriend.  
I know of one case where a neighbour was pulled over by the police and thay done him for driving without insurance, even though he had paid the premiums up to date and had a valid motor insurance certificate, but this didn't show up on the police computer, so he was fined and had six points on his licence, despite it not being his fault, if you know the premiums have been taken and you have posession of an insurance certificate,  you would naturally assume you're insured to drive your car.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 23:36

You know, I've come to think of it closely, and I think I really do love the word "hate" when it's aimed at small, silly things. It's a way to shoot out that dark, hollow feeling in a virtually harmless way, as a sort of catharsis; it represents a moment of conscious irrationality which serves to make the pleasant moments more valuable. So yes, I'll focus all my hatred on random words of the English language and keep those nasty feelings from being aimed at people. I just won't "dislike" the words - I'll bloody hate 'em and stop feeding the discomfort of restrained bitterness. And I'll always write hate in italics, because it looks nicer that way.

"Boom de yada, boom de yada"

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
24 replies since July 31 2008, 04:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net