Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Need some help< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Vyzer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 14:01

Hi

After years of owning tr3s Lunas, I finally decided to try the game out.  I've been searching through this forum for some basic answers but haven't found what I needed.

I'm not a game player - the last one I tried was Myst a long time ago and I never got anywhere, was totally bored and gave up after a few hours.

I'm liking the effects and music of Tr3s Lunas but I'm not getting very far.  Hopefully someone can give me a few answers.

I haven't been able to pick up any rings other than the ones I got with the Piano game and the spiky ball game.  In one post, it was mentioned that you can arm yourself with a gold ring by visiting the green crystals and then shoot the little rings at the others to pick them up.  

They just bounce off (tried it on the rings at the temple, the rings in the white "trees", the one on top of stonehenge, the ones on the mesas in the canyon and the ones in the rocks)

How do you get these rings???

The Avatars - I'm not playing on line (nor do I want to)  -- do these Avatars serve any purpose other than just being a bit fun??  Do I need to use them to get somewhere or to enter certain areas??

The two golden "trees" by the cactus  -- one arms you with milk weed / dandilion seeds and the other with gold nuggests.  What are these used for?? They just bounce off things.  The same goes for the "arrows" you get by the white tree with the rings.  Also butterflies and spiky balls -- don't remember where I got those but they just bounce off things also.

After the Piano game and the Spikyball game - you're taken to a cat temple to get the rings.  But there is also a ring with a blue crystal (and another blue crystal by itself).  Are these just decorations or do they serve a purpose??

I'm getting the hang of the controls but often when I'm stopped and want to get a little closer to an item, I take off at high speed.  Other times I just slowly get closer.  Is this just part of the game or am I doing something wrong.

The large gold nuggets scattered around  -- are these just landscape decorations or is there a purpose to them?

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 14:30

Quote (Vyzer @ Feb. 18 2008, 19:01)
I haven't been able to pick up any rings other than the ones I got with the Piano game and the spiky ball game.  In one post, it was mentioned that you can arm yourself with a gold ring by visiting the green crystals and then shoot the little rings at the others to pick them up.  

They just bounce off (tried it on the rings at the temple, the rings in the white "trees", the one on top of stonehenge, the ones on the mesas in the canyon and the ones in the rocks)

All the answers to your questions about how to get the rings are in the Tr3s Lunas Guide. The simplest way into the Guide is probably here - just follow the links to whatever you want. The link to the 7 rings game will tell you all about the rings.

In one post, it was mentioned that you can arm yourself with a gold ring by visiting the green crystals and then shoot the little rings at the others to pick them up.  

Yes, if you touch the green crystals, you are given little rings to throw, and you can pick up rings with them. However, you're trying to get the 'wrong' rings. The little rings you mention (like the one on top of stonehenge) are not the rings you're supposed to be collecting. They're different. Read the 7-ring thread in the link I gave above.

You can also use the little throwing rings to go on the journeys through the ringheads.

The Avatars - I'm not playing on line (nor do I want to)  -- do these Avatars serve any purpose other than just being a bit fun??  Do I need to use them to get somewhere or to enter certain areas??

No. They're pretty essential if you play online, but not if you're just playing by yourself. However, they do allow you to stay floating in the air. Without an avatar, you slowly sink to the ground.

The two golden "trees" by the cactus  -- one arms you with milk weed / dandilion seeds and the other with gold nuggests.  What are these used for?? They just bounce off things.  The same goes for the "arrows" you get by the white tree with the rings.  Also butterflies and spiky balls -- don't remember where I got those but they just bounce off things also.

Well, there's a lot here. Mostly they're just for fun and effects - if you shoot seeds or nuggets at different things (like the avatars) sometimes interesting things happen. Try shooting the moon that's caught in the branches of a tree, for example. The butterflies certainly play an important part - in the right place.

After the Piano game and the Spikyball game - you're taken to a cat temple to get the rings.  But there is also a ring with a blue crystal (and another blue crystal by itself).  Are these just decorations or do they serve a purpose??

They're just props.

I'm getting the hang of the controls but often when I'm stopped and want to get a little closer to an item, I take off at high speed.  Other times I just slowly get closer.  Is this just part of the game or am I doing something wrong.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

The large gold nuggets scattered around  -- are these just landscape decorations or is there a purpose to them?

More props. However, there are three 'special' coloured stones that are more than just props.

Can I suggest that you browse through the Tr3s Lunas Guide, starting with the link I've given above? Everything we know about the game is in that Guide.
Profile PM 
Vyzer Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 15:03

Thanks Alan!

I've already been through the guide twice  -- obviously I've missed something - guess I'm a dummy -- so it's back to the guide for me.

As far as the motion goes  ---- Say I'm stopped before a rock and I want to move in closer.  Sometimes when I push the left mouse button, I move slowly closer.  Other times, I push the button and I take off at high speed, bouncing off the object and go go spinning away.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 16:31

Quote (Vyzer @ Feb. 18 2008, 20:03)
As far as the motion goes  ---- Say I'm stopped before a rock and I want to move in closer.  Sometimes when I push the left mouse button, I move slowly closer.  Other times, I push the button and I take off at high speed, bouncing off the object and go go spinning away.

Hmmm. Maybe someone else can sort this out for you. Not sure I've experienced this.

A last thought about the rings: the ones you're supposed to be collecting look different - they all look exactly like the one you get in the temple after the spiky balls game. But all the rings you can't collect don't look like that - like all those (except one) on the ring tree on the bank, or the one on top of stonehenge, or on the white dead bone-like trees.

Have you found the ring in the shell on the beach? Or the ring on the ring tree that looks different to all the others? Or the other ring on the beach guarded by a little crab? They're the ones you should be collecting.
Profile PM 
Vyzer Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 20:22

Thanks again Alan!

I misread some stuff in the guide and with what you told me, I figured it out and got all seven rings -- what a fun ride!

More to discover now and when I'm done it's on to Maestro!
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2008, 23:17

It's really interesting to watch young kids try this.  My 9 year old son really likes it and has done very well exploring (better than I did first time out  ;)  ).
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 19 2008, 03:19

Quote (Vyzer @ Feb. 19 2008, 01:22)
I figured it out and got all seven rings -- what a fun ride!

Well done. You're now officially a Perfect Being.

Remember the 7 rings ride is just the tip of the iceberg. The scope of the game is enormous.
Profile PM 
6 replies since Feb. 18 2008, 14:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net