Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Need help playing it, or burning to a new CD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 06:08

No, not illegal copying.

The CD won't play on my main CD player, I think it is the CD-ROM first track causing a problem  :(

So, I ripped the audio tracks off with Windows Media Player then burnt an audio CD with Nero.  Luckily my CD player will play this copy.  The problem I have is that this has introduced a 1-2 second gap between each track, and they sound like they should be continuous.

Can anyone advise how to eliminate the gap between tracks (seems to be a lead-in) - I should caution that I'm not very tech savvy.

Any help much appreciated.

PS  This now becomes one of my test discs before buying a new CD player - still a few years off at the moment - will it play the original disc?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 06:21

Nero lets you choose whether or not you want the gaps between tracks. Just check the box saying "no break between tracks" (or whatever it is in English, I have the German version), and also make sure to uncheck the "normalize all tracks" box because otherwise you'll end up with weird volume discrepancies between tracks.
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 06:37

Quote (Holger @ Jan. 23 2008, 06:21)
Nero lets you choose whether or not you want the gaps between tracks. Just check the box saying "no break between tracks" (or whatever it is in English, I have the German version), and also make sure to uncheck the "normalize all tracks" box because otherwise you'll end up with weird volume discrepancies between tracks.

Thanks - just burnt another disc with your suggestions - has helped a lot.  There is still a small "transition glitch" between each track - probably due to tracks being ripped individually?

However - sounds MUCH better  :D
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 23 2008, 07:51

You still have that little "glitch" because you probably ripped them to WMV files, or possibly to MP3. That also results in a small decrease in sound quality. You'll probably have even better results if you rip them to WAV files, which are exact copies of the sound content of the CD, and does not include "spacers" in the beginning and end of the files. Windows Media Player probably has an option that allows you to choose which format you want the tracks ripped to. If there isn't, there are better programs that do that. Just Google for 'em. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2008, 03:27

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Jan. 23 2008, 07:51)
You still have that little "glitch" because you probably ripped them to WMV files, or possibly to MP3. That also results in a small decrease in sound quality. You'll probably have even better results if you rip them to WAV files, which are exact copies of the sound content of the CD, and does not include "spacers" in the beginning and end of the files. Windows Media Player probably has an option that allows you to choose which format you want the tracks ripped to. If there isn't, there are better programs that do that. Just Google for 'em. :)

Thanks - sounds like the answer - I did create MP3s.  Appreciate how helpful everyone has been on my queries on these boards.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Jan. 23 2008, 06:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net