Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Nationwide Interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 15 2012, 15:30

Hi All, its been ages since I posted something but the other day I was hunting high and low for the recording on video of the interview Mike Oldfield did with Nationwide which was  a fav current affairs TV prog in the 70s and early 80s in the UK. I rememeber it was broadcast about 1979/80 when Platinum was released and MO was preparing for his first live tour in ages. Does anyone know where on the web to find it or has it in their collection as I would love to watch it again. It was about 15 mins long.
Many thanks
Zinc
ps when is the latest re-release coming out- must be time for Platinum surely and for that matter will we ever see a new album released by the great man?
Profile PM 
Airborne Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2012, 06:52

I remember watching that when it was first aired and I do have a very rough copy somewhere that I obtained years later. The report was by Tony Wilkinson and it was quite lengthy, more than you get these days, with a good chunk of interview. Mike is shown getting into his helicopter and flying off from close to his house in Buckinghamshire. There are random shots of Welsh mountains and a fly-by Castell y Bere, so it was quite a jaunt just for the item. As you say, there is also concert rehearsal footage which puts it in early April 1980.

I have found a video which shows the animations that Ian Emes did for projection at the concerts that year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5r8JytuFeo
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2012, 14:23

Wow!! that video took back to may 1980 and the  Platinum tour.  :D
Profile PM 
2 replies since Feb. 15 2012, 15:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net