Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Name of the album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oldfield_fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 16:43

What's the new Tubular Bells going to be called? He can't use the very same name again, right? I mean, there should be some hint that this is a new album... especially if the cover will look very much like the original =)

For example: "Tubular Bells 30th anniversary", "Tubular Bells 2003" or "Tubular Bells - In tune" (hm... seriously??) ;-)

Any ideas?

BTW... I found a nice page with some info about the new TB and a few pictures from Mike's studio. It doesn't seem to be a new page, but at least I have never seen it before :-/

http://www.ampmusic.demon.co.uk/emixconcerts.html

Best wishes

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 19:19

Mike has repeatedly stated (in interviews) that the new TB is going to be called simply Tubular Bells, nothing else. But, as we (all) witnessed what happened with MVR, I think that we should take that with a grain or two of salt, and remember that what Mike says is not always what he does. :)

P.S. Talking about what he says & what he does: does anybody know what happened to the little 'Hoover' TB demo, which he said he found, some time ago, and (maybe) he was going to release somehow? :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 20:54

Quote (oldfield_fan @ Feb. 03 2003, 19:43)
"Tubular Bells - In tune" (hm... seriously??) ;-)

Mike did thought about that name really...he said that on his chat @ BBC radio 2 last July...check out the transcript...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 03:13

Maybe he decided to include the "Hoover" in Tubular World. Just a thought =)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
liz197 Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 05:25

sounds to me like tubular bells 4 coming up or re-re-re mix!
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2003, 17:01

OK, so now when we know that it's going to be called "Tubular Bells - The Re recording"... what about the VR-world? Can he call it "Tubular World"? There's already a PC-game called "Tubular Worlds". I don't know if this makes it difficult...

/ Johan
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2003, 20:07

Calling it 'Tubular World MVR' should help to distinguish the two. That was a very nice page that oldfield_fan found, I love the pictures, and I want that plasma screen! :cool:

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2003, 05:09

Reading that article, I'm very excited that Mike is planning a premiere concert in London:

The first chance for the world to hear the finished album may well be in concert to mark next year's "Tubular Bells" 30th anniversary. "On May 25th 1973 I played the Queen Elizabeth Hall, and for 2003 we can get the Royal Festival Hall next door. But I would really like to play the Albert Hall. It's very prestigious, with about 6,000 seats, but you would usually lose money there, even with an expensive ticket. After that there will probably be a short European tour". If that works out, audiences across Europe should have a rare opportunity to hear rock music's most outstanding instrumental album the way it really deserves to be heard.

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 15 2003, 11:32

The article is from late last year - there has been little mention of plans since then, save for a rumour that the idea has been dropped (which I'd suggest that people treat with great suspicion).
As far as I know, the Festival Hall is still a distinct possibility.
Profile PM 
8 replies since Feb. 03 2003, 16:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net