Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My Wedding at Penrhos Court !< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 26 2008, 04:38

Dear All,
Just had to tell everyone now that I am back from my honey moon in the Maldives that I had an amazing wedding held at Penrhos Court on April 5th. It was the perfect venue in so many ways and the staff including Martin Griffiths were brilliant. The day began with my wife, our little boy Josh and I in our walking gear going up Hergest Ridge and we have some lovely photos of the trip. Then back for the service in the main hall at 12 and wedding beakfast ite Cruck Hall at 3ish. We had a party with live band in the Byre which is a barn on the otherside to the main house. Load of our family and firnds said how incredible Penrhos Court was and will come and stay for weekends. Martin placed 20 burning lanterns around the pond in the evening just at dusk which made it ever so romantic.
If anyone is thinking where to hold a wedding you can't beat Penrhos Court- the food was simply amazing as you would expect.
Just as an aside when we were out in the Maldives last week we went to see a movie in the hotel about diving and the entire soundtrack was songs of distant earth!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 14:39

It sounds like it was an absolutely lovely time for you, zinc. Best wishes for your newly coupled life. Will you be sharing any of your pictures?

Martin placed 20 burning lanterns around the pond in the evening just at dusk which made it ever so romantic.

What a beautiful sight that must have been!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 15:01

thanks for those kind words. Yes I will upload some photos.
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 16:55

Lovely?  It sounds like a bloody dream come true!!  Well done, zinc.  Best wishes to you and yours!
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: April 26 2008, 18:00

Quote (zinc @ April 26 2008, 08:38)
Martin placed 20 burning lanterns around the pond in the evening just at dusk which made it ever so romantic.

Congratulations to  Mr and Mrs Zinc.

I agree with Sweetpea, about what a beautiful sight that must have been.  I love sitting by water. I could picture being i n such a setting with my most wonderful boyfriend :)  :D .  Yep underneath  all that testosterone ( in both of us) there's a more romantic side.

Zinc did you have the ceremony at Penrhos Court itself??, as I gather many hotels etc now have licences to perform wedding/civil partnership ceremonies.

Oh yeah just 'cause I'm asking doesn't mean that I've any plans  for (tubular) wedding bells, (or at least not yet) I think living together is as valid .  I'm so  happy that this Piltdown Woman has  found her Piltdown Man      :)  :D .  Yep love creeps up on you when you least expect it.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 06:47

yes penrhos is fully licensed to hold marriage services so we used the Elozabethan Room, that s the room o the far right for the actual service and the wedding breakfast in the large Cruck Hall. I have some photos if someone can advise me how to upload them here as I can't see to do it myself.
Cheers
Zinc
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 06:51

actually our wedding photographer has posted a montage of the photos so if you are interested take a look at the link below, quite a few of te inside and outside of Penrhos plus us walking up Hergest Ridge!

http://www.cameronswan.com/080405/montage.html
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 07:11

Quote (zinc @ April 27 2008, 06:51)
our wedding photographer has posted a montage of the photos

What a clever idea that collage is, and a great way for us to see what this special day was like.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 14:37

Absolutely fantastic! Or - as the comic-store guy would say it - Best wedding ever!  :D

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 16:01

What an entirely marvellous set of pictures of what was obviously a wonderful day. The atmosphere of it all comes through and rings true as a bell. (Wedding bell, of course.)
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 18:26

I've already failed to be able to resist linking the word's,
Wedding night and Organic's,,,,,,,,,sorry.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 18:52

Many best wishes as you start your married life - and what fantastic photo's to share with us. That young man seems a chip off the old block!

A magical place to hold your ceremony. Did you manage to squeeze any Oldfield music into the day?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 27 2008, 22:00

Simply amazing, zinc! Congratulations and best wishes! What a wonderful way to begin your life together on this matrimonial path!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: April 27 2008, 23:14

Looking at the pictures.  Wow, just wow.  Like something out of a movie.

:)
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: April 28 2008, 07:54

Hey thanks guys for all the kind words. It was truly wonderful. On the sunday after the wedding it suddenly snowed really hard and Penrhos looked even more magical! Anyone know how I can upload images on this message.?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 28 2008, 16:10

zinc, if this were one of the 'Photo Gallery' forums, you could attach an image file directly from your computer, I believe. If you want to do it that way, you could make a new topic for your Penrhos wedding pictures in the 'Miscellaneous' section of the 'Photo Gallery'. I understand it can take some hours before they are viewable, though?

If you already have your pictures uploaded to an image-hosting service, you could add them here by clicking the 'Image' button, then pasting the URL into the pop-up window and clicking 'OK'.

--------------
Profile PM 
15 replies since April 26 2008, 04:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net