Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My Virgin Record Story  The Documentary, words I wanted to hear< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2013, 04:43

Have just seen this video....and good to see the story from Richard's perspective....and others too...

but best of all the words from Richard that Tubular Bells "was very much the birth of Virgin" (and see that Mike was sat next to him at the time they were said)....Somehow those words and how they were said have been what I have wanted to hear for a long time

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2013, 14:46

Good video! Thanks for posting bee. I was leaning on that same gate at The Manor a only a few weeks ago!

Tom Newman's description of Richard Branson as "..this poor bugger" amused me somewhat, as nothing could really be further from the truth! Unsuprisingly there was no mention of the original contract with Virgin which caused so much bad feeling between them, but I agree it's good to see that Mike and R.B. are mates once again.  :)

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
1 replies since Nov. 12 2013, 04:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net