Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My thoughts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Etoile Polaire Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 2001, 18:14

Music VR is great, but I think that PC isn´t the better platform to do it...

The programming of MVR is on OpenGL, so, ¿why not to do a Nintendo Gamecube version?

The consoles are cheaper and faster than a PC.

--------------------

The title "Music VR" sounds like a project title... I think that it´s convenient to find a more "representative" title for the "game".

-------------------

It would be funny a area where you can "paint" directly on the landscape. To play to texturize it...

-------------------

I think that the better platform to sell it is on regular CD´s. A box (like Elements box but cheaper) with four or five CD´s with the game, music, videos on DivX (from all the Mike Oldfield´s career...

-------------------

(sorry for my bad english, I´m spanish)

--------------
Hello everyone. I suppose you think that nothing much is happening at the moment. Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha. Well, that's what I want to talk to you all about; endings. Now, endings normally happen at the end. But as we all know, endings are just beginnings. You know, once these things really get started, it's jolly hard to stop them again. However, as we have all come this far, I think, under the circumstances the best solution is that we all just keep going. Let's keep this going in sight, never an ending. Let's remember that this world wants fresh beginnings. I feel here, in this country, and throughout the world, we are crying out for beginnings, beginnings. We never want to hear this word "endings". I know we all want to sit down. I know you want to take it easy. Of course we're looking for the good. Of course we're looking for the fresh start.
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2001, 13:02

I think it would be a great idea to convert Music VR to Nintendo GameCube. Though I am a nintendogamer/fan I would love it.

Maybe we shall inform Mike and Nintendo about your idee smile

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Stu-bular bell Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2001, 14:06

Consoles better than PC?????

What century are you living in....

Ugh Ugh....

PCs are better than consoles ten-fold!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2001, 14:55

That depends on what you compare with! A REALLY REALLY good computer costs about 30000:- SEK (3000$) and a game consoler such as Nintendo GameCube you get for 2000:- SEK (199$) Its quite a big differense and GameCube is a state of the art console.

But as you say a really good computer cannot compete with a gameconsole.

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 16 2001, 22:24

all i know is....consoles are for kids...and kids dont like things like music vr...trust me...i used to be one..i used tobe obssesed with video games and got everything and all i wanted was first person shooters and rpgs and beat em up and fighting games........it wont sell for the gamecube or anything like that...i guarantee it

a few ppl might get it but the majority will be like "whats this? looks like crap." kids dont like to sit back and relax and take in an appreciation of life like music vr does to you.....

and im not saying that only kids are the only ppl who would ever play it on gamecube and you can go ahead and sell it for it but you'd get a better response from ppl if u just stick with the PC....

thats my thought

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Nov. 12 2001, 18:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net