[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My replica of Sentinel.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kevy Canavan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 06 2014, 12:33

My tribute to TB2
http://soundcloud.com/kevycanavan/kevy-canavan-sentinel-from/s-T2ZMd

In the spirit of the original, I played all the instruments.

There are one or two parts missing, most notably the vocals, which I will go back and do at some point.

Even Tom Newman has left me a comment on my work.

I'm considering doing the whole album as a tribute, if I get enough interest.

Kevy

P.s. Hope this is in the right forum.

--------------
Acoustic & Electric Guitars, Bass & Keys on Tom Newman's TB with the Children of Ireland. (Piltdown man section)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 11 2014, 13:40

Quote (Kevy Canavan @ April 06 2014, 16:33)
P.s. Hope this is in the right forum.

It is now!

I bet doing the whole album would be a huge and hopefully valuable learning experience, so I'd say it's worth doing if it's something you want to do...and never mind whether anyone else shows an interest! It can be very strange with creative works, the things which attract the most attention aren't always the ones you expect to...

It's nice how you're bringing something of yourself to this, how there's a guitar style that's very definitely yours and not Mike's. I'll admit that it can be fun to try and re-create sounds exactly as a kind of technical challenge, but I think it's when a cover starts going to different places that it becomes something people (or at least I) want to keep coming back to.

Keep at it!
Profile PM 
1 replies since April 06 2014, 12:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net