Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My practise clip of TB played on keyboard, Full version of Tubular Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ommadawn1961 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 05 2012, 06:38

Hi.Here is my first attempt at playing the full version of Tubular Bells on keyboard. It's never been done before so I wondered what advice any of you could give me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....kRaDrYw
Actually,it's really quite appalling because I've played it too fast without taking care in playing the right notes but I felt it necessary to show you how it's going.
I will be uploading a near perfect version soon once I can master it.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 26 2012, 17:21

Very cool thing to try, this! It's really quite a huge thing to attempt, though - I get the feeling it'll take a lot of patience to get it where you really want it to be.

My main piece of advice would be to start off slowly with everything and concentrate on making sure you're getting the playing technique right. I know what the temptation's like to just go at everything at full speed, but the danger is that all your practise time can end up going into repeating the same mistakes (both in terms of notes and in terms of technique) - it's really better to aim to initially play it slowly and steadily, then you can speed up gradually and get it really slick.

I think it's also worth having a bit of a think about the fine points of the arrangement to make sure that everything really comes across with the right kind of fullness/lightness.

A fun thing to work on, though!
Profile PM 
1 replies since Feb. 05 2012, 06:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net