EDIT
New Link:

http://soundcloud.com/gus-fogle/decompression
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 17:51

Some parts I love like I love Amarok.
Some parts I don't like like I don't like Yes.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 19:20

Haha! I can respect that. There's a little something for everybody in there, as the music changes constantly.

Thanks for your comments!
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 22:33

So you kind of feel like it's diverse? I was actually wondering wether, to you, it could make sense to kind of like some parts of it but not the others. Also, my reaction was very spontaneous, after one quick listen. After a few listens, it's probably more likely that it would make me realize I can find a way to enjoy Yes rather than realizing that I hate Amarok after all.
Spoiler: BTW, your piece is the perfect example of how the sound wave can be annoying in SoundCloud. You have some sort of fake ending, and SoundCloud shows there is something coming after.
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2013, 23:01

Quote (Olivier @ Jan. 16 2013, 22:33)
1. So you kind of feel like it's diverse?

2. I was actually wondering wether, to you, it could make sense to kind of like some parts of it but not the others.  

3. After a few listens, it's probably more likely that it would make me realize I can find a way to enjoy Yes rather than realizing that I hate Amarok after all.
[/color]

1. Yes, I wanted certain parts of the piece to be totally diverse from the others. For example, my goal was to have the piece switch between extremely dark and extremely light emotions.

2. Yeah, it makes complete sense to me. I mean even in Amarok there are certain parts I like and other parts I care less for. When taking the kitchen sink approach, there's going to be good and bad mixed in. That's just part of the experience.

3. Haha! I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I have an idea. There is a slightly schizophrenic side to the piece.
Profile PM WEB 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2013, 07:44

Re-recording sessions are taking place to record the piece in higher quality and with more instruments. We are also working on concluding the project with a possible live performance...which unfortunately will have to include sequencing as there are just far too many parts to play live in real time.
Profile PM WEB 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2013, 11:54

The piece has been re-recorded with all new instruments in higher quality. Please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and feelings about the piece.

http://soundcloud.com/gus-fogle/decompression
Profile PM WEB 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: April 24 2013, 22:40

BUMP

Would really appreciate some more feedback on this piece as I am currently working on Decompression II and would like to hear what people like/dislike about Decompression.
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since Jan. 15 2013, 18:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net