[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My cover of CRISES, the instrumental< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Rileman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 03 2011, 06:54

LISTEN TO MY NEW COVER OF OLDFIELD'S INSTRUMENTAL "CRISES":
----> http://soundcloud.com/rickardleisborn <----

Music and lyrics by Mike Oldfield. The track is originally from the album "Crises" from 1983

MY cover is:
Performed, arranged, recorded and mixed by R.L (me) in February - September 2011 in Strömstad, Sweden, using MAGIX Samplitude Producer 11

Instruments used:
ELECTRIC GUITARS: Fender Stratocaster, PRS custom 24, PRS Santana III
STEELSTRINGED GUITARS: Avalon Legacy A12CE, Sundberg S-D
NYLONSTRINGED GUITAR: Ramirez 1A
MANDOLIN: Furch MF-21
KEYBOARD: Korg M1 used with the VST-synths Gladiator 2, Nexus 2, Native instruments FM8,
Spectrasonics Atmosphere, RobPapen Albino 3, and the VST-drums XLNAudio Addictive drums
Glockenspiel
Electric bass
Tambourine
Handclaps
Vocals
Plastic bucket
The gas on my Ford KA
and some glassbottle smashing

--------------
It's not easy going where no-one goes, and no-one knows...
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2011, 12:49

That was very interesting. I think I might call Mike up and tell him "forget remixing/remastering Crises dark grasshopper, it's already been done." I focused in mostly on a much discussed section of that piece which on your recording starts at 9:55. The "wedding march" part was suggested about 3 years ago to a guy that wanted to marry with MO music. Well, that part was my choice as well......anyway, there was a shaker/tambourine-like percussion absent in your version. The very melodic part in question seems to be in 4/4 time but that "shaker" was in another time signature......one-two-three(repeating until the synth-sequence-awkward change) not on your part, Mike's. Still the shaker absence bugs me, it gave that bride and wedding a cadence for a brief time. I had a rack mount Korg M1 for a while circa 1990, it was great and I was sorry to part with it. Your blend/version/remake of this is 5 stars to me. Sincerly, Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Oct. 09 2011, 05:51

Oh Bravo!!!

Scatterplot is right about MO not needing to re-mix Crises now. Your version is excellent!!!  :cool:  :O

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Oct. 03 2011, 06:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net