[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mvr 2 downloads, Need some help< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
zinc Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 06 2002, 06:23

Hello evereyone.
I'm trying to download the wonderful MVR remixes of Brandon's
but am finding difficulties with some of them. I'm clicking on 1,2 and 3 but nothing happpens.
Can anyone who has managed to download all the MP3s offer some help as i've been reading how brilliant they are and cant find them. I'm using the link from www.conceptual.com by the way. Hope some one can help ouit there.

Regards

Zinc
Profile PM 
jedweb Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 07:43

Try link 2, but don't try opening - just right click for each track, and save to computer... should work. It's well worth doing (yet I'm sure there's still some music virtually unaccounted for).
Profile PM 
Manny Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 09:59

When I tried I had trouble downloading.  I had to keep entering to the site untill the explorer asked me for my user/password and after then download went smoothly (it worked better at night time).  Keep trying it's worth downloading.

Best Regards

Manuel
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 18 2002, 11:09

what u mean jedweb? i took every bit of music i could find that wasnt on the album and put it in...i even put landing in and thats not even in MVR. what is missing?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 14:40

hi! i've been able to get them... great!! but some problems to download them too... i did it clicking on 2 and ok, they appeared directly in the musicmatch after downloading but later... some of them disappeared!!! don't know why... right now i'm listening to them but i lost requiem of the sky, moonlight stroll, lunar jam,and joy ride... a mistery because i've been able to listen to the complete only one time... i don't find the files anywhere :( but i have to thank b.b. because it's a great work... it has been a beautiful surprise discovering you've done this... :) it's a great unreleased album... another mistery... why? i think it's... don't know if better but... made with a lot of love... perhaps he created this as a treasure for travellers inside mvr... who knows... :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
jedweb Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 15:00

Hi evrybdy! Sorry Musically Inspired, think you got a little offended when I was just trying to say there's so much music hidden all round the virtual landscapes that it just seems impossible anybody could have managed to find it all! You've done a really great job. But which track is the snowman music in?
I agree with you Maria, it is a great unreleased album, though I'm beginning to feel it's a special reward for those who discover the MVR world... wouldn't be quite the same if all the music in the 'game' (don't like that word for mvr at all!;) was the same as on the CD, there wouldn't be that discovery. Just, once discovered, it's nice to have it!
Really can't wait to see what MO comes up with next....
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: July 18 2002, 17:27

yes... you're right jedweb... it wouldn't be the same if all the music were at first sight  ;) ... one of the most wonderful things about his music is that you go finding... slowly... his music is always a landscape... i've always said... he is one of the few musicians who are able to paint with sounds... his guitar... because of this i shivered when i knew about mvr... i've always waited for it... i've had my brain full of landscapes but i'm not good at drawing... :/ and now i've got a place to go in front of me... at the screen... and this is only the first episode!! perhaps someday we'll be really inside... flying over the canyon feeling the breeze...
but now... going back to "real reality"... i'm having a lot of sound problems, my machine squeaks a lot!!! awful... and sometimes the audio codecs go off... perhaps it happens because i've got windows me, i'm going to install w 98, i hope it goes better this way. i've downloaded the update, now my version is 1.1 but all keeps the same  :/
jedweb, i agree with you in what you say about the word 'game'... mvr is not a game... it's a place to go when you want to fly into the world we've ever dreamed...  :)

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: July 19 2002, 11:21

no i wasnt offended.....i was just wondering what i missed if i missed somethn thats all. :)

and regarding the snowman music. thats actually (you probly already know this) Sirius from the first album so i never bothered to add it to TL2...

glad u enjoy it......and MVR too!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: July 19 2002, 11:49

Musically Inspired, I cannot remember hearing the music that goes with one of the green 'panpipe' standing crystal thingies that also make your own music on throwing rings at them. There was one irish sounding piece of music I cannot recall being on MVR.

BTW - fantastic arrangement. I particularly like the origin - I thought Tres Lunas would be based more around that theme.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: July 19 2002, 11:51

Ooops! I meant that I cannot recall hearing the Irish sounding music on MVR2. :O

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: July 19 2002, 13:47

you mean "Rebirth Tunnel"? its supposed to be at the end of the game but no ones found it yet.....it was in the game.....i havent found it either....

if thats not what you meant...then what did you mean?

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: July 20 2002, 05:29

Sorry, I did not mean the ending track (also called Rebirth Tunnel) that is very irish sounding. I meant a much shorter clip that goes with the green standing crystals or whatever they are in the main land. There are two of them. If you get close you can fire rings at them and make your own music.

If you don't have any rings there is one sound but with rings there is this 'irish' sounding clip when you go to them. They are both near the sea by a small hill crest.

Hope you know what i'm talking about! :/

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 21 2002, 21:39

oh yes...ok....didnt understand what you meant. no i didnt put that in cuz it was just a bunch of notes.....tho i probly could have made a cool little tune with it kind of related to the MVR theme...oh well........maybe on.......Tr3s Lunas: Revisted!!! :D

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since July 06 2002, 06:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net