Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MusicVR on Linux, Both games work... surprisingly well too< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
coldsun Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 21 2009, 18:52

I don't know if this will be of any use to anybody, but I've just had some success in installing both TRES LUNAS and MAESTRO on Linux and running it through WinE.

It all seems to run very smoothly and I've not noticed any corrupted graphics.  The only recommendations I'd make is:

a) Make sure you have the manufacturer's drivers for your graphics card. I've got one of the nVidia GeForce 7 series and the only way I can get 3D graphics is by installing nVidia's driver rather than the generic Open Source driver.

b) Make sure the checkbox marked "Use current display settings" is checked as that will ensure that the game works with your screen.
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 21 2009, 20:10

The interesting thing will be trying all the 'unofficial' things on Tres Lunas, and seeing how they manifest themselves under Linux.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 28 2009, 10:29

Thanks for the tip, have been trying to find the right player to run tr3 lunas and music vr, deb
Profile PM 
2 replies since June 21 2009, 18:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net