Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music in unexpected places< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 24 2013, 13:54

this is amusing

I started a new job in a library recently. First day (sunday) I was asked to select a cd to play ... i wasn't expecting this in a library and was very pleasantly surprised....a few minutes later however I could hardly conceal my delight when I found a certain album on the stand...well, I had to didn't I?! ;)

yes, everyone heard Tubular Bells II and one guy even came over and asked what the music was he thought it was so good. Not sure if my boss agreed and I think she was surprised that there had been a question relating to the music but at least I could answer it!

It was wonderful to hear it so unexpectedly and has given me very positive vibes about my new job...I can maybe influence many generations of library visitors now!

Spreading the word I am :D

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2013, 17:54

Good stuff.  :D
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2013, 06:31

I wouldn't advise playing Amarok - those piercing dynamic stabs might cause explosions in the book racks or palpitations amongst the oldsters.
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2013, 15:10

Listening to the original TB in full at my uni's SU bar.That was quite an unexpected experience a few years ago,because they're not into old music...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2013, 10:41

I treated an entire dining hall at Butlins to Tubular Bells II the week after its release.  There was no more standing ovation to that than any other cassette that was slotted into the system at the time, but I saw a few looks of recognition as I waited on the tables!

We're both lucky we didn't have Sir M as one of our patrons, bee! :laugh:

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
4 replies since Sep. 24 2013, 13:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net