Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music From The Balcony opening loop - Reason, MFTB loop available as Reason song file.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 03 2004, 07:06

I was messing about with an EMU Proteus and found some of the sounds from the start of Music From The Balcony (amongst other things) but I'm not really planning to do a cover of it just now.

If anyone wants a copy as a Reason song file with all sounds included, let me know via email or PM and I'll send it along as soon as I can. Being in Reason, you can make a completely new rhythm using the same sounds if you want.

It's about 300KB, the samples are only 44.1kHz 16 bit and there is a bit of hum (not much, but enough to make it worth EQing or otherwise trying to remove). I would have removed the hum myself but haven't had time to recently - I can always email an update around when I do.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 03 2004, 13:48

sounds interesting. I wouldn't be able to use them myself though

Perhaps you could make a zip file of the samples too?
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 10 2004, 08:34

I'll hold off putting the samples out seperately until I've removed the hum - either through processing or seeing if I can make a new recording with less hum on it.

I like the way the Reason file format compresses sounds - I'm not entirely sure that uncompressed audio doesn't come out of zip files sounding different to when they went in. It also doesn't make the files that much smaller.
Profile PM 
c_haese Offline

Posted: June 10 2004, 12:20

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ June 10 2004, 08:34)
I'm not entirely sure that uncompressed audio doesn't come out of zip files sounding different to when they went in. It also doesn't make the files that much smaller.

Zip is lossless compression. You get the exact bits out that went in. Your other point is valid, though, zip does not achieve good compression ratios on audio files. I suggest you use FLAC instead, which can be obtained at http://flac.sourceforge.net.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: June 10 2004, 15:37

A zip file wasn't necessarily to get the files any smaller while retaining a good quality - it would bundle the samples together so that they could be downloaded in one go. I don't have Reason y'see

but I'm not too bothered if I don't get to hear them. Perhaps this could be a new cover idea for you BOOsTER?
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 03 2004, 07:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net