Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Multi Effects For Guitar.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bleat Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 30 2006, 04:53

Ok so I get my new guitar and plug it into an old guitar fx unit I had lying about......bah it made a horrid noise and wudnt work properly so I now need to get a new multi fx.  :/

I decided to do a cover of Voyager as the guitar is "relatively easy",for a novice like me, so hopefully Il have that up for you soon...... :D

Anyway do any of the real guitarists here have any suggestions as to a decent / inexpensive unit I could get to get the broadest range of sounds from.......it seems the Zoom G2 or 505 II might be a good choice or maybe the Korg AX3G (I just sold the bass version I had ..it wasnt too bad).

Thanks.....from Bleat
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: June 30 2006, 10:23

......Or maybe a DOD 250 preamp for some overdrive or similar and something like an alesis midiverb for other effects?.....

Am I answering my own Q's here?....... ;)
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: June 30 2006, 17:55

Hey there

I'd reccomend the Zoom 606, i remeber way back when i started out, i got a loan of one and it sparked off my recordings form an early age. However, ZOOM's tend not to be extremely suitable for heavy use like gigging or touring, because they can break if you put themn through some serious work live plus getting the levels right for a live show without feedback will put your head away, so only get one if you want to record alot, they are great for that. ;)

If you intened on playing live down the line i would invest in one of these

a boss ME-50 is probably your best bet for durability and extreme sound quality! I'd always use boss. Some poeple i used to teach had these during their lessons and i had lots of fun with them.

Id also reccomend the Behringer V-amp also. The bass player i work with uses one of these, and its soo good he even uses it live!

hope some of this points you in the right direction

:D

best of luck in your search.

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Bleat Offline

Posted: July 01 2006, 09:30

Hi Jonnyw,
Thanks for taking the time to post...

I would never punish an audience with my "guitar playing", its just for home recording so I can handle plastic.;)

Il investigate a bit more and see what happens.

Cheers from Bleat.
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: July 10 2006, 12:48

you can try the digitech RP-50, I use it myself, very good stuff

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
Cloth Ears Offline

Posted: July 10 2006, 22:06

If you only play in your house and your soundcard on your computer isn’t to good try the method I use.

Buy yourself a second-hand Guitar port made by Line 6 (expect to pay about £70-80).  This itself comes with decent enough tones.  Then you search any torrent site and download yourself Native Labs Guitar rig. Ok you don’t get the cool foot pedals that come with the retail box, but hey a truly nice little set-up for quite little money.  The Guitar port works perfectly with the guitar rig and together played through your speakers or Amp you can’t go wrong.  Yes I know software theft is frowned upon, but so is speeding and who hasn’t done that, it’s the chance you take.  You may even like the Guitar rig so much you could save up and buy the retail version (leaving a very large hole in your wallet).

Hope this alternative solution to your problem helps
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: July 11 2006, 06:37

Why steal software when you can get M-Audio Jamlab for about 45 UKP new with full guitar rig software included (or Line6 Toneport UX1 for 90 UKP)?
(Though I don't own any of these myself, nor am I related to the shop, but their prices look good...)
Profile PM WEB 
Bleat Offline

Posted: July 12 2006, 19:11

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions...

I picked up a used Korg AX-10G off evilbay for a good price,and it seems fine for my needs....Im just learning to play 6 string now  :/

I didnt want to go down the software / plug in / fx route as my pc is fairly average and it tends to throttle the cpu into submission .I leave it to do the essential tasks hence wanting to get a decent sound before recording.........

:cool:
Profile PM 
Bleat Offline

Posted: Nov. 14 2006, 19:18

Just browsing round the forum and I found this thread...since the last post I sold the Korg AX10G....it was too limited after playing round with it for a while,and didnt find anything inspiring about it.....I then got a Zoom 505 II, again I found it a bit limited but it sounded nicer than the Korg.......I sold that and got an old Korg AX30G which is a nice bit of kit,but that was sold recently...I guess theres a lot of trial and error with finding "that sound" that we seek, (and not to expect it all from 1 multi effects unit) so......

Im now waiting the arrival of an Alesis Quadraverb GT which I am going to use mainly for reverb and delays and invest in seperate overdrive ,compression,etc pedals.(going by reviews etc,the distortions seem to be the weak part of the unit)

Out of interest ,does anyone else use the Quadraverb GT as part of their setup ?

Bleat

:cool:
Profile PM 
8 replies since June 30 2006, 04:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net