Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MOTS release delay, conspiracy theories< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Big BellEnd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 14:44

I honestly would love to think that all the dithering over the release date was Tour related.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 17:09

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 08 2007, 21:28)
Welllll....my source tells me something completly different. MoTS being delayed to be followed by the quick release of a Millenium Bell follow up.

Having been invited to perform at the fireworks in my back garden, Mike realised he finally needed to connect to his fanbase.

So this time the tracks are not based on history, but on the members of his biggest English-speaking fan site!  :D

5. Moonchild Hippy's Apartment

Thanks for the thought of me and my humble flat :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 05:35

Well, let's look at alternatives.

1) he's unhappy and is still mixing it

2) It's being re-recorded

3) Delay is for personal reasons so he can devote time to promotion

4) Adding a studio version to go with the Orchestral original

5) Record label insistance for scheduling reasons

6) ermmm.....

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 05:38

@ Andy: the likeliest of those are 3 and 5, IMHO. ;)

And if he's doing a studio version (as opposed to the orchestral one) what would the studio version sound like? Screamin' electric PRSs, heavy drums & synthesizers all over the place? And Vocaloids handling the vocal duties? Horrible. :O  :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 07:13

Maybe he's writing part 3!!

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 10:12

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 17 2007, 10:35)
Well, let's look at alternatives.

6) ermmm.....

Ermmm is right, if you remember what Mike wrote:

"What would happen if we took this further and apply this to bigger things , more powerful things ; like an entire solar system or galaxy say, what would that sound like?"

and

"even the whole universe has music within it that no-one can hear, this is what it would sound like if it was set free."

The reason for the delay is because of what happened when this music - capturing the harmony of the universe - was first played.

Aliens!

When they heard MOTS being played on Earth with the harmony of the universe being produced as cosmic vibrations, they instantly got in touch with Mike and the delay in the release of the CD is because of the ongoing discussions with the aliens to introduce them to the world without causing panic.

Now, back to that coffee......

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 12:32

Quote (Matt @ Nov. 17 2007, 15:12)
Aliens!

It's so obvious when you point it out, Matt. This has been going on longer than we think. That weird bent tubular bell in the sky isn't and never was a tubular bell. It's a UFO.

(Anyone still believe that story about software-generated vocaloid singing now?)
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 12:36

Quote (Matt @ Nov. 17 2007, 10:12)
When they heard MOTS being played on Earth with the harmony of the universe being produced as cosmic vibrations, they instantly got in touch with Mike and the delay in the release of the CD is because of the ongoing discussions with the aliens to introduce them to the world without causing panic.

There's a starman waiting in the sky.

He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 15:57

Quote (Alan D @ Nov. 17 2007, 17:32)
(Anyone still believe that story about software-generated vocaloid singing now?)

Of course! I should have realised, vocaloid is in fact the vocalists from the planet Oid!

Wonder how they would do on X-factor?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
RICHARDGORMLIE Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 17:50

THE ALBUM SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN NOVEMBER, WHAT PROMOTION CAN MIKE DO?.  APART FROM THE CONCERT TO LAUNCH THE ALBUM WHAT ELSE IS THERE FOR MIKE TO DO FOR THIS ALBUM?.  UNIVERSAL BETTER NOT SIT ON THIS CD FOR TOO LONG!.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 05:44

Now, back to that coffee......

What's in your Coffee Matt ? Powerful stuff :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 08:30

I've just had my coffee now and I must say...4 months of waiting is too long for a CD and a USB memory.

I've probable lost my interest in this particular album by then.

Ok..now said that I'm heading back to my old vinyls again.  :zzz:  ;)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 08:59

Just imagine it was some Classic Album u heard on Classic FM and thought ahh thats nice Ill get around to buying it sometime next Year !! :cool:      :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
RICHARDGORMLIE Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 16:23

i wonder if mike will have a hit with the new classical album, with all the delays?.  universal records are a bunch of ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 18:24

That kind of comment is not going to help!  :(

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2007, 02:55

Quote (RICHARDGORMLIE @ Nov. 18 2007, 21:23)
i wonder if mike will have a hit with the new classical album, with all the delays?.  universal records are a bunch of ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"******" = "Aliens"

Of course!

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2007, 03:41

Not that I want to encourage Matt's MOTS-delay-induced-dementia, but I'm beginning to see the alien connection...

1. The "Spheres" referred to are not planets, as we've been led to believe, but rather spaceships (which are spherical while in intergalactic travel mode. They only contract into saucer shape when preparing for atmospheric entry).

2. The people at Universal Records (now known to be extraterrestrial spies) are not releasing MOTS because they've appropriated the music as their war anthem in preparation for the Earth invasion.

I haven't had any coffee. Just spiced cider.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2007, 04:34

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 19 2007, 08:41)
Not that I want to encourage Matt's MOTS-delay-induced-dementia, but I'm beginning to see the alien connection...

Thanks Sweetpea, now I know what to tell the psychiatrist.  I have MDID! (MOTS-delay-induced-dementia).

Wonder if the judge will accept the same explanation....  :p

--------------
Profile PM 
sidney Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2007, 04:54

Some folk on this website seem to be very well connected with Mike Oldfield, does he visit this site? Can somebody just ask him whats going on with MOTS? before it ends up destined to be given away free in a Sunday newspaper. Wether its the final finished article or not, there is obviously plenty of people itching to get their hands on it right now, why dont Universal just release what is ready now and call it MOTS VOL I?

--------------
It is not my intention to provoke thought, It is my intention to provoke a thoughtful reaction. (can someone put that in Latin for me?)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 19 2007, 08:27

His record company does that job to inform us about what's going on with MOTS,but it would be interesting to read a official statement coming direct from Mike at the almost defunct www.mikeoldfield.com.

OK,the moving to Spain + new baby on its way on January it's OK for me to accept the delay,but Mike prefers to stay quiet.So,rumours appear...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
44 replies since Nov. 05 2007, 15:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net