Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MOTS release delay, conspiracy theories< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 05 2007, 15:07

So, instead of releasing Music of the spheres in November, it has now been delayed until January or February 2008 with much speculation as to why. I can now reveal that I know the answer. After secretive meetings with Mulled-wine and Scullery-maid (their code names) I can reveal:

Universal started to realise that MOTS is so good it was going to be *huge* with sales to match TB1 and Thriller. They started formulating the plan.

Mike is already hard at work on his follow-up. The day MOTS is released Universal will announce *unnamed* which is already being written at a secret location in Spain. The recording will already be well underway ready for a mid-2008 release to capitalise on the massive wave of interest that has been created by MOTS.

Mike has not moved to Spain because he can light up there without being cuffed and chained, it is just to be closer to the guitarists set to feature in his flamenco-oriented next work. My sources suggest this will be a 69 minute long piece in 7 segments. Seven being based on the seven devine women of Khasi mythology and I've no idea where he got 69 from.

Remember - you read it here first!

OK, maybe I just need to drink less coffee.....

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 05 2007, 15:30

Well, you've convinced me, Matt.

(I mean, about the coffee.)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 06 2007, 18:29

Matt, I think you have to be one of the most optimistic people I have ever come across! Long may it last! :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 06 2007, 20:07

Nice one Matt...   :cool:

I'm still waiting for the follow-up to Guitars.

It's going to be a similar idea, using a few different flavours of the same instrument.  This time, the album will be called Drums.

Track listing:

1. Drumuse
2. Cochise (Drum Remix)
3. Maracas
4. Drummit Day
5. Out of Time (a messy piece where everyone plays out of time)
6. Bass Drum Blues
7. Four Drums (a story about four drums taking over the world, narrated by a very intelligent steel drum)
8. Triangletism
9. Out of Drum-Mind
10. From The Cymbal Crashes

All sounds on this recording, including guitar sounds, were generated from live drums, midi drums or individual drum samples.

Anything that doesn't sound like a drum is probably another member of the percussion family.  Or it might be one of those moments when someone coughed during the recording.

There will also be a bonus track featuring the Drum Duet played at many Genesis concerts.  Mike will play four sets of drums simultaneously.  Hands and feet, one per drum kit.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 01:09

I can't deny that your information makes a weird sort of sense, Matt, especially when applied to an alternate universe scenario. I believe, however, that your informants were lacking the true facts.

According to my sources - Westerlybreeze and Somemakechaos - delays are directly attributable to the fact that MOTS is merely one-third of the forthcoming three-disc project comprising Music of the Spheres, Music of the Cubes, and Music of the Cones. The last two being inspired by lesser know theories regarding the sound vibrations emitting from dice and shaved ice containers.

How this ties in with MO's recent relocation, I can't say, but a third source - Deep Sound - revealed that Spain is rumored to be home to the world's best snowcones.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 07:21

Sweatpea and Moz, you've given me a good laugh there...its been ages since I read a thread on here that made me crack up. Very good stuff. Ta!
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 09:20

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 08 2007, 06:09)
How this ties in with MO's recent relocation, I can't say, but a third source - Deep Sound - revealed that Spain is rumored to be home to the world's best snowcones.

Sweetpea might be onto something here:

Music of the cubes - cubism - Picasso - Spain again!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
sidney Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 13:03

Hi, I dont understand why Universal dont release MOTS now then release the one Matts talking about in January, they must be losing money on MOTS now if its ready. Also that would mean I could ask for MOTS for Xmas and then buy the new "unnamed" album in January with my money out of my Xmas cards. Then maybe get the Mozs Drum album later in the year, although I think MOZ might be making that one up  cos none of those tracks mention Dave Grohl, and if Oldfield released a drum based album you can guarantee Dave Grohl would muscle his way in for a guest appearance somewhere on the album (usually roundabout track 7).

--------------
It is not my intention to provoke thought, It is my intention to provoke a thoughtful reaction. (can someone put that in Latin for me?)
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 17:28

Welllll....my source tells me something completly different. MoTS being delayed to be followed by the quick release of a Millenium Bell follow up.

Having been invited to perform at the fireworks in my back garden, Mike realised he finally needed to connect to his fanbase.

So this time the tracks are not based on history, but on the members of his biggest English-speaking fan site!  :D

1. Sweetpeas on Earth
2. Wicca Mama (for Inkanta)
3. Santa Maria (firebird in TL)
4. Sunlight Shining Off Alans head
5. Moonchild Hippy's Apartment
6. TubularBelles puddle
7. Mastermind (Korgscrew remix)
8. Broad Sunlit Tati (smile bright as the sun)
9. LiberUgo
10. Green Light (Kay's remix is a go!;)
11. Millenium Bellend

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 08 2007, 17:30

Wow, Mike's got a busy 2008 ahead of him!

LOL @ Track 4!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: (Sorry Alan.)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2007, 17:09

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 08 2007, 23:28)
9. LiberUgo

Hahahahahahahahahaha... :laugh: :laugh: I wonder what a piece based on me would sound, as my musical tastes are as wide as... no, not really the Atlantic Ocean... let's say the Adriatic Sea. :D If Mike really made such a piece, I guess it would be a duet between me and him... me on grand piano (playing something like a virtuoso statement...), him on classical guitar... complete with full orchestration à-la-MotS and heavy African drumming... well, I think it'd sound really good. Only, I'd choose some T.S. Eliot as the basis for the spoken part... not Anne "Ms. Sadness" Frank... :D... with all the due respect I have for her Diary. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 09 2007, 17:33

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 08 2007, 22:28)
4. Sunlight Shining Off Alans head

You must have arrived at that title only after a good deal of reflection, Andy.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2007, 01:10

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 08 2007, 17:28)
1. Sweetpeas on Earth

How flattering, olrac. Coincidentally, my real-life name means 'peace'.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 10 2007, 07:21

Quote (olracUK @ Nov. 08 2007, 23:28)
11. Millenium Bellend

hehehe... funny  :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
RICHARDGORMLIE Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 06:59

THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES HAS BEEN PUT BACK TO MARCH 9TH NOW.  WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH MIKE OLDFIELD AND UNIVERSAL?
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 08:18

Perhaps he can't decide on the colour of his wallpaper.
Be patient.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 09:03

...maybe Mike decided to back to the studio after checking out the comments about those who have listen to the album and decided to work more on it?

...maybe he prefers to launch after his new baby boy Eugene reaches 2 months old?

I'd better keep my mind busy with non-MO thingies,and forget MOTS!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 09:22

yes after a few months in Spain "Enrigue Iglesias" is promoted to Lead vocals and A a Slice of "New Metal" is mixed into the Album to Dumbfound everyone on release Date  :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 09:34

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Nov. 16 2007, 15:03)
...maybe Mike decided to back to the studio after checking out the comments about those who have listen to the album and decided to work more on it?

...maybe he prefers to launch after his new baby boy Eugene reaches 2 months old?

I'd better keep my mind busy with non-MO thingies,and forget MOTS!

maybe he desiced to make an orchestral Nightshade tati :D just for you :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 12:13

Maybe Mike O. has nothing to do with this. Maybe the only one who's fucking the whole thing up is Universal. We all know the way these majors are.

Sorry for the bad word, I could't resist.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
44 replies since Nov. 05 2007, 15:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net