Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MoTS on Virgin Atlantic< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tim Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 14 2008, 21:49

It would appear that someone inside Virgin still likes Mike. At least some of the Virgin Atlantic fleet have Music of the Spheres playing on their in-flight entertainment system.

I noticed it in their magazine on a flight from Havana to London last week, and sure enough, there it was on a continuous loop on audio channel four.

As pleased as I was to find out they were playing it, I couldn't listen to it for more than a couple of tracks because the headphones were awful (loud and distorted at the high end enough to cause physical discomfort) and because they had messed the album up. Tracks were either missing, or the system was shuffling the order it played them in. There was also a gap between tracks, which didn't help.

If anyone at Virgin Atlantic is reading this: PLEASE, get some proper headphones, put the media controls somewhere other than under passengers' left buttocks, make your seats and screens compatible with people more than 5' tall and let albums play through naturally!

--------------
tim@tubular.net
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 02 2008, 04:02

Quote (Tim @ June 14 2008, 21:49)
It would appear that someone inside Virgin still likes Mike. At least some of the Virgin Atlantic fleet have Music of the Spheres playing on their in-flight entertainment system.

I noticed it in their magazine on a flight from Havana to London last week, and sure enough, there it was on a continuous loop on audio channel four.

As pleased as I was to find out they were playing it, I couldn't listen to it for more than a couple of tracks because the headphones were awful (loud and distorted at the high end enough to cause physical discomfort) and because they had messed the album up. Tracks were either missing, or the system was shuffling the order it played them in. There was also a gap between tracks, which didn't help.

If anyone at Virgin Atlantic is reading this: PLEASE, get some proper headphones, put the media controls somewhere other than under passengers' left buttocks, make your seats and screens compatible with people more than 5' tall and let albums play through naturally!

Nice to hear.  I did a lot of flying around launch and was disappointed not to see it featured in any of the "in flight" magazines or play sets here in Oz.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 14 2008, 21:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net