Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MOTS bonus track, if there was one, what would you like?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 04:34

Light + Shade had bonus tracks on it. If Music of the Spheres were to have a bonus track, what would you like to see?

Me, most obvious thought would be "On my Heart - extended version". Wouldn't that be fab!

Of course "Tempest - trance mix" would have me reaching for the screwdriver to physically remove it from the CD :p

Any other suggestions? Good or Bad.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 06:26

A 25 minute version of Musica Universalis would be nice!  Well, if it actually existed...

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 09:35

I kind-of agree with Matt about "On my Heart", but rather than an extended version of it, I'd like Mike to re-do it with a 'pop' vocalist in a 'pop' (NOT DANCE!! :D) version - with soft drums, nice electric guitars, etc. - a kind of update of 'Moonlight Shadow', if you like. :) And, as "On my Heart", the way it is now, would sound very like a chorus-without-a-verse to me if it was done in a 'pop' style, it would be really nice if Mike wrote a couple of verses around it.

Again agreeing with Matt, I'd hate any kinds of techno or house or trance treatments being given to any track on MotS.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 10:26

Not having Heard the Album yet... I guess something like a bonus DVD  of the most guitar friendly tk on there, with mike sitting on his porch in Majorca giving us a few nice scenic shots of the Balearics.... Well hes got time on his Hands and i reckon he could chalk up a decent acoustic for us as a way of tks for the fans havig to wait the extra few months..I like Majorca its a Great place to go on Holiday as well.. lol..

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 15:52

An uplifting trance mix of Shabda.
I'm humming a version of it for a while in my mind.Call a good trance DJ like Armin Van Buuren and make it gorgeous.

Or a rockier version of some of MOTS tunes.

Extended versions of some MOTS tracks with additional acoustic guitar work by Mike...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 01:56

The making of Music Of The Spheres on DVD in full length!

Yep!
Profile PM 
sabertooth Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 04:29

hello from germany!

yes ... a long version about the making of MOTS would be great ... nice idea!

but i am happy enough to get it in march even without any bonus-material ... i am curious like a little child  :)

bye,
svenja
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:27

Quote (manintherain @ Jan. 17 2008, 03:56)
The making of Music Of The Spheres on DVD in full length!

Yep!

+1

OFFICIAL RELEASE,please  :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:33

30 minutes of good old PRS guitar riffs  - ie all the back up material that he didnt use on  Crisis, Five miles out and guitars as a special unrelease material track lasting 30mins (or 30hrs would be ok too).  (and I know he didnt have a PRS when he did these albums in case MITR points that out   :D  :D

Ray  :cool:

PS I havnt for gotten the picture!!!  not had a chance to scan it yet.

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:47

He did have at least two on Guitars I presume.

;)
Profile PM 
Mark Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2008, 04:16

Perhaps longer versions of both 'On my Heart' and 'Aurora'. but not Trance or pop versions of any of the tracks, because after all it's supposed to be a classical album. I'm not dissagreeing with any other post, just my own thoughts.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 31 2008, 17:47

extended version of On my heart.
+ some bonus tracks (alternative versions)
Ando some mixes like your idea Tati :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
roys1 Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2008, 04:52

Am I right in saying that when Mike was first thinking about MotS he suggested a classical album and then as BONUS material he was doing the same album but with more conventional rock type instuments...sort of a double album.. Now that would be good
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 01 2008, 05:19

Quote (roys1 @ Feb. 01 2008, 09:52)
Am I right in saying that when Mike was first thinking about MotS he suggested a classical album and then as BONUS material he was doing the same album but with more conventional rock type instuments...sort of a double album.. Now that would be good

I'd forgotten about that. That would indeed be great to hear!

Another thing I would like to oneday hear are any of the work-up tracks Mike himself produced of the material which I think he sent to Karl as they were developing the score. Would be interesting to see how much the sounds changed from Mikes first imagining of it to the final cut...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2008, 18:45

Quote (Matt @ Feb. 01 2008, 11:19)
Would be interesting to see how much the sounds changed from Mikes first imagining of it to the final cut...

(Sorry for the off-topic...)

@ Matt: "the final cut", apart from the Pink Floyd album (which I don't like), makes me think of Ridley Scott's Final Cut of one of my fav movies ever, Blade Runner. I recently bought the 5-disc edition pretty much only to get a decent DVD version of the original 1982 theatrical cut, of which I'm a really obsessed fan. And of course I absolutely hate the way Mr. Scott butchered his so-called Final Cut of the film. It may be his favourite version, but it's sure as hell not mine. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2008, 14:13

Quote (roys1 @ Feb. 01 2008, 04:52)

I hadn't heard that, but I've been secretly wishing for it. I'd be amazed, though, if he had the energy for such a project. Not that I'm implying Mike is decrepit, but he isn't twenty anymore.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 20 2008, 03:06

An orchestra version of "Northpoint".

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
AlexR Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 07:24

Another vote for an extended version of "On My Heart".  I love Hayley Westenra's voice, and it's just a shame that "On My Heart" is only 2:27.
Profile PM 
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 10:24

How about the whole kit and kaboodle done on the "remastered" STYLOPHONE! (It's easy Mike,simply feed an Mp3 of MotS through the input jack and play-along)

(wish I hadn't sold my Bass/Treble/Standard and BIG dual-stylus versions back in the Seventies.I could probably Commision the above with the dosh from e-bay!;)
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 25 2008, 14:21

Quote (AlexR @ Mar. 19 2008, 09:24)
Another vote for an extended version of "On My Heart".  I love Hayley Westenra's voice, and it's just a shame that "On My Heart" is only 2:27.

It's a pity really that On My Heart is very short  :/

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
22 replies since Jan. 16 2008, 04:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net