Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Motivation came my way finally, After six months!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 12 2010, 01:06

Got a bug up my nose to get some music related stuph done at home, 6 months after move-in. Took a 12ch mixer(14 if u add tape ins) and routed my 40" LCD TV output to 2 mono channels with 3 EQ knobs each and bass cut switches. My tower speakers are way too big and bassy. Ran a cable from my PC line outs to 2 other mono channels. Spent several hours watching DVD's with heavy soundtracks(The Bounty-Vangelis was fun) and sending MP3/FLAC music from the PC till I tweeked it all to get flat response. Then I took my newer/better 12ch mixer, set it up by my PC, used its main outs to my PC line in. So far only my turntable(what, Jim has LP's? Must be either old or a vinyl collector) and 12 string are connected to that. Keep my Peavey amp close to all this so I can play with various software, liking my strat a lot lately. I guess the next bug will be keyboards on some other weekend. Got PLENTY of channels open. So what's up with you folks?
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 12 2010, 13:50

Wow, that sounds like an impressively loud way to watch DVDs... Is this a way to get back at your neighbours 'cos they whinged about dog noise ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 13 2010, 03:00

I sure hope you gave Star Trek II a thorough thrashing Scatter.
Esp when Kirk yells "KHAAAAAAN".  :D
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 13 2010, 12:32

Yes, the neighbors must pay. And pay they will. Dearly will they pay. Payback, it's a bitch(great movie too). "KHAAAAAAN". Now there was a guy who got some payback. Yes he did. Sorry, didn't treat the neighbors to that one. Great soundtrack tho. I enjoyed "Waterworld" piercing the walls with it's post-apocalyptic wit. Next: my theremin yields it's whining blows with multitap reverb like whales in heat. DHL will be proud.......

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 12 2010, 01:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net