Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: MO's music was a huge inspiration< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 25 2000, 21:19

About three or so years ago I bought the sheet music, and learned how to play Tubular Bells on the piano. But when i was learning to play it, i found myself becoming obsessed with that piece of music. I would practice playing it for hours and hours a day. Sometimes I played until my hands cramped up.

It was that experience, that inspired me to write a short story. The story was about a piece of music that altered peoples minds. The story was professionally published online, and if anyone is interested, you can read it at the following website: http://www.theharrow.com/2000/fiction/music.html
It's entitled, "And the Music Played On..."

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 28 2000, 23:43

Looks like an interesting story...I'll have a proper read in a minute.

I did write something while I was listening to Taurus II once...but then someone read it out loud and people started getting disturbed...

The less said the better if you ask me wink
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 05 2001, 19:50

Whoa...just finished reading that "And the music went on..." thing......freakn freaky stuff! i almost dont wanna listen to music anymore! smile not really...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 05:26

I'll read it properly later. Sounds evil! I like it already.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 05:46

eek Some people certainly do have a vivid imagination. Wow. Freaky!!!! eek

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 26 2002, 16:56

Heh! I actually took the time and read your entire story. Scary stuff :-) I find that the second part of the story may be a bit exaggerated though, but the idea is nice :-)

Anyway, it reminds me of a Swedish folk-tune my grandfather played to me when I was a kid and he used to tell me this cruel story... :-) In short, it's about a travelling fiddler... the people loves his music and starts to dance to his lovely melody. At first they enjoy it very much, but soon they realize that they just can't stop dancing to the music. The fiddler turns out to be the devil and he keeps playing the melody over and over until all the dancers are so exhausted they fall down dead on the ground.

The melody can actually be pretty addictive.. I don't dance though ;-) It's called "horgalåten" (Is anyone from Sweden familiar with this?). I found a midi-file if you want to listen to it... http://www.danbbs.dk/~mikael/midi/horgalt.mid

Right click and choose "save target as", if it doesn't play when you click the link. This version is a bit slower than I'm used to, and it sounds very lame compared to when played with real instruments, but still I think it's a nice tune :-)

Best wishes

/ Johan

Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 25 2000, 21:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net