Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: More auctions at mikeoldfield.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:18

Due to popular request, there are currently signed copies of Tres Lunas (including a registration key for the game) and The Songs Of Distant Earth up for auction on mikeoldfield.com.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:35

seems a pretty stretching interpretation of the word "popular".

Knowing how close the MVR world is, it seems a shame that we have to bid against each other to win the cd's, when Mike has a pretty inexhaustable supply of signatures. I'd feel happier if he just set a price and flogged the things.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:56

I'm waiting to see a poster with one of those pics of Maestro and with Mike on it,signed by him.That would be quite nice.

Some good suggestions of pics:
http://tubular.net/forums/uploads/post-61-86811-ss7.jpg

and

http://tubular.net/forums/uploads/post-61-47448-Maestro4.jpg

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2005, 04:15

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 22 2005, 23:35)
seems a pretty stretching interpretation of the word "popular".

Knowing how close the MVR world is, it seems a shame that we have to bid against each other to win the cd's, when Mike has a pretty inexhaustable supply of signatures.

Not so stretching, perhaps - it seems to have been a direct response to some suggestions in a thread in the MVR forum, so it came 'from the people' - 'popular' in that sense, I think.

I'm in support of every aspect of it except for the fact that as you say, Andy, we have to bid against each other.

I'd feel happier if he just set a price and flogged the things.
And this is indeed the obvious solution that I hadn't actually thought of!! Why don't we suggest it? Or a 'Buy it now' price?
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2005, 16:07

Ah..Alan, I was talking light-heartedly about the "popular" request, thinking of the number of people who did the requesting (2 if i remember correctly).

But you are right, the fact that Mike's people did respond and set up the auction shows that some-one does actually listen.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2005, 16:59

Quote (olracUK @ Mar. 23 2005, 21:07)
I was ... thinking of the number of people who did the requesting (2 if i remember correctly).

Yeah - I knew it was quite a lot..... might almost have been as high as 3, maybe....
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 22 2005, 18:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net