Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Moonlight Shadow covered by Laurent Voulzy< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 19 2008, 13:48

30 years after his hit Rockollection, French pop star Laurent Voulzy covers a part of Moonlight Shadow in his last album Recollection, among other covers from The Police, Bananarama, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Bee Gees, REM, Michel Polnareff, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Roy Orbison, Supertramp, Talk Talk, etc. Moonlight Shadow appears the in track Jukebox and is sung by a female voice. Order at Amazon.fr, .co.uk, .com, .ca.

Merchi, Olier!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 19 2008, 18:09

:D  Humm ? Well , it's a not too bad version but  :/ ... it's not Maggie and Mike ..... It reminds me a little bit of Miriam's voice .

You can listen to it here , on Deezer after free registration and  after Supertramp at 2:09 .

http://www.deezer.com/track/989011

I remember when Laurent Voulzy has released the " First" Rockcollection he has entered in the Guinness record book for the song which has not generated any money to a singer because of the copyrights to pay .
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 19 2008, 19:33

Never heard of this guy until now.So Rockollection ay?I honestly can`t remember that one.Kind of James Last meets The Stars On 45 or something.Yeah I certainly remember those dudes though.They`re still "burning in my mind" to this very day in fact...For the full unbridled Rockollection experience you really need to see  this...Words fail me...

And an ode to 80`s siren turned Gardener,Kim Wilde..I was left pretty darn` speechless by this one as well..Although Kim Wilde the pinball game was a pretty neat idea...Tilt!  :cool:
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 19 2008, 21:32

He is a huge star in France, especially during the summer, this is not the usual dance remix of Moonlight Shadow by a nobody, he had this hit too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHEtTRi9xSg  reminds me this show with Mike and Anita Hegerland singing Innocent.

This idea to do a cover medley was nice for a few minutes, but a whole album, it's a bit too much for me. Moonllight Shadow is in between Supertramp's It's Raining Again and Tom Petty's Learning To Fly.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 19 2008, 22:06

So how well does Kim do there?..Linguisticaly speaking I mean..She looks a little unsure of herself to say the least.But then there may well be other factors coming into play there that I`m really trying not to dwell on.

I can see why that Rockollection thing was a big summer hit though back in the 70`s.But yeah a whole album`s worth of it that`s really stretching it to extremes I must admit.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 20 2008, 06:05

;) In fact Laurent Voulzy is a great fan of the " sixties sound " . That's why he has done  " Rockcollection " . ..And i think he was fallen a little bit in love with Kim because he had made a song for her : " Les nuits sans Kim Wilde " -> Nights without Kim Wilde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiKXqSXicG4&feature=related

This is a really " Eighties " song ... reminds me of Propaganda songs of this period ...
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 20 2008, 06:14

:zzz: Ohh sorry Dirk Star ..i didn't seen your post before writing mine .

It's really a nice song anyway !  :D
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 20 2008, 07:05

Don`t worry about it Tubular Tos I do that myself from time to time.Musicaly I quite like that track yeah,and it does have that kind of Propaganda sound to it I agree.The video is a real relic of the time though.It goes from kind of being quite cool in an odd way one second and then completely hilarious the next.I`ve watched it three times now though,and I`m starting to get quite hooked on it.It`s a great advert for Scania trucks ...and robots propelled by the power of string...  :p

Reading online I see Laurent had a number one album a couple of years back.So I`m guessing he might do pretty well with this project.It is the summertime after all,..although you would`nt think it looking out my window here.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 20 2008, 17:24

If youre on Facebook... hook into one of my Groups... ie "Moonlight Shadow"    Last time I went in there theres numerous links to other versions ..
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14757165211 :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 05:16

;)   @ Dirk Star
Laurent Voulzy is really appreciated in France ... like Mike in England i guess ! He often works with Alain Souchon another singer really appreciated here ! Laurent composes music and Alain writes lyrics !

For me their best song is this one ! La ballade de Jim ( Jim's ballad )

A nice story about the end of a love story but all can start again ... always !

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=kOcOR4IpO7Q
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 06:52

Dude, Oldfield is far from appreciated in the UK. He's always been kind of big in the rest of Europe though, specially Spain and Germany for some reason.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 21 2008, 08:23

Germany always seems to tag on to our Artists when they appear to the mainstream media to have reached there sell by date in the UK... not sure why...:)

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 23 2008, 12:34

Oh but they have The Hoff!!!! :laugh:

He's huge there.Ok so Mike is still massive in Germany to but compared to the Hoff.......

No accounting for taste.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 02:39

I wish I`d had "The Hoff".... ;)

Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 24 2008, 02:48

My Mr Hasslehoff you've changed! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
14 replies since July 19 2008, 13:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net